It is currently 2024-05-01 / 15:59 UTC GMT +00:00

Not New? Returning?

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

mparnelly

Not New? Returning?

Post2015-03-26 / 07:14 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey guys,

It's been about 2 years for me, I never posted on the forums before? I thought for sure I had when it was op-for, anyways I'm really looking at getting back into playing, but have been reading some posts around here. Specifically from a few of the older guys that I really enjoyed playing with.

It seems like many of them are not interested in playing anymore? Or seem quite bitter with the current state of Airsoft? I haven't done a ton of research but it looks like everything is organized on Facebook now? I am not a Facebook "user" so not to sure.

Anyways, Is there any chance anyone can shed some light on the situation? I'd love to come out and play again, but if people aren't calling hits then i'll probably look at selling my gear off.

Thanks.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Not New? Returning?

Post2015-03-28 / 05:26 UTC GMT +00:00

Parnelly! When BCAC and Opfor unified under LMAG, we started a clean slate. Let me know on private messages further information and I may be able to get you set up on the forum like before-- otherwise, keep your eye on our signups and catch me at the field. I will always post my planned attendance.

Honestly, airsoft is less organized now and there is no actual organizing on fb for general games. Some groups and sims use fb as part of their planning, and others have their own forums like us. Panther is in a bit of a transition, as last spring Panther tried to institute a BB policy which created a stir. That policy is pretty much gone now.

In the last year, Panther and some other airsoft groups came together to put up a fb site where any group can post a game plan for any Sunday and then is expected to attend and run the morning. It's just an announcement clearing house.

We have a communication channel to the GVAC announcements so we can make sure we have updated information here for reference and so we can coordinate.

But, really, if you show up at Panther on a Sunday, one of two things will happen:
  • one of the community groups will have a scenario and call for a safety meeting at 10:30
  • Panther will invite all attending players to join their drop-ins session and have the safety meeting at 11:00
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Return to New Player Questions