It is currently 2024-04-30 / 14:33 UTC GMT +00:00

New Field opening up?

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

New Field opening up?

Post2015-06-16 / 04:28 UTC GMT +00:00

-If you have questions, post them up and ill answer to the best of my knowledge. For the record, this is not somthing I am doing, I was just asked to post up the information to gauge a response from the general public.

Field Payment Options:

Option One:
People providing a service i.e. helping build, manage, clean on rotation will have an option for one year to have a reduced monthly membership of $25. This includes all trades, chippies, etc. even admin staff/managers (term used lightly at best)
Option Two:
Monthly field dues payable online, paid one month in advance at the end of each month for upcoming month. Subscription holders using this will have card issued. No subscription payment received then drop in dues apply.
Cost $45 per month.
Option Three:
Standard Drop in Rates. $15 per head.

These prices are not open to discussion, these will allow field to pay rental of land, insurance and standard overhead. As this is being setup as a non-profit entity none of the people starting or backing it are taking salaries or money from any excess funds. Funds received beyond our yearly costs or monthly costs get reverted back into the continuous upgrade of the field.
Prices apply to both Speed ball for paintball and Airsoft.

Field rules will be posted once the lease is signed however we are planning on using NAA rules which are listed below. Also not open for change or discussion.
This needs to be clear so I’ll say it now so there is no misconception going forward:
Whining, bitching or otherwise being a bitch online or at the field will not be tolerated. You as a player have the option and being invited to play here, please be sure you understand it’s not your right. A bunch of people have been working on this idea, lease and plan for a fair bit of personal time now and in all honesty as long as 50+ people show up each weekend or have a subscription the field will grow and prosper with or without you.
This is a NON LMAG, NON GVAC, NON AFFLIATED field. It’s for the community by the community. The more you put in, in both time and energy or money the better the field will be. If you wish to just show up and play that’s also your option. We as a community need a field run by players for the players and not to line our pockets. Once the final paperwork is signed for the lease which could be as soon as the end of the month construction will start.
Paintball or more correctly Speedball is being added to the field. Currently there are plans for 1 full size tournament field with room to expand having 2 in place if required. Although airsoft and paintball don’t usually mix, we’ve talked to and have the support locally to have 25-35 players either playing or practicing weekly. The funds from this will be used equally to support the field…not just PB but airsoft as well. Paintball will not be using any buildings or related to airsoft, it is strictly setup for speedball by their choice.
Lastly, this plan is for us, the end user, the older veteran player(s) that although will play locally at other fields finds more than ever that we need our own field. This being said we still have the overhead of lease, utilities and insurance to cover. If we can have enough subscribers paying money and we can pay off our yearly lease early, all funds after that go to upgrades. You pay for it and it happens, you don’t and it’ll always be the same.

Official Rules: (work in progress)
-Revised 06/15/15

* 1.0 FPS Field Limits.
* Pistols- Max 380fps w/ .2gr bb
* Full Auto/Burst Fire - Max 415 FPS w/.2gr bb
* Semi-Auto DMRs - Max 450FPS w/.2gr bb
* Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), is classified as any semi auto only rifle firing up to 450 fps.
(HPA, Polarstar and related guns will have joules/FPS measured as well which will be in line with US rules)
* 1.1 Sniper Rules
- Sniper rifles Bolt Action Max 500 FPS w.2gr bb
- All Snipers must carry a secondary weapon that fires bb's and does not exceed 380fps
* 1.2 MED Rules
- Under 350fps - 0ft
- Under 415 - 50ft
- Over 415 but Under 500fps - 100ft
*(NOTE) Field is classified as mixed CQB or field but be aware of your weapon restrictions upon entering areas where your MED may pose an issue to safety.

* 2.0 Safety Gear and clothing
* 2.1 Eye Safety
* (1) Any Eye protection is allowed. Recommended eye protection is as follows: either certified Paintball goggles, or tactical style goggles that meet Z87.1 impact standards. Goggles that seal to the face of the wearer. The Z87.1 markings will be on the lens.
* (2) Mesh glasses are not to be worn
* 2.2 Other Gear
* (1) Each player must bring his own weapons and ammo
* (2) Weapons must be in working condition
* (3) Any type of clothing is acceptable (Must call hits even if the player doesn't feel it)
* (4) All players will have a kill rag (A 1 square foot piece of red fabric). If at a night game, kill rag shall be a red glow stick or applicable device highlighting RED as hit

* 3.0 Game Rules
* 3.1 Hits
* (1) Hits from friend or foe anywhere on your body or gear counts. When hit call out, raise your arm(s), raise your kill rag as quickly as possible. This saves you from getting hit more.
* (2) Ricochets do not count as a hit but need to be confirmed as such. If you saw the bb that hit you ricochet then it is not a hit. If you did not see it ricochet you need to call hit as the shot may have come from an obscure angle.
* (3) Gun Hits disable the weapon; you must switch to a secondary or sling you primary.
* (4) Any player that continues to shoot at another player once the hit is called will be removed from the game and if necessary, prohibited playing for the rest of the day.
* Grenades (40mm, hand grenades and landmines) have separate rules here
* (5) Simulated explosives (grenades, 40mm, Claymores): Explosives kill players if in a 15ft radius and player has line of sight with it, or bbs hit you. Ricochets from grenades count. Explosives count as 1 rnd for the purposes of ammo count. (Line of sight means that if you were to look in the grenades direction and can see the device you die.)

* 3.2 Sportsmanship
* (1) Yelling or Calling out of players on the field during a game is prohibited. Stay calm, tell an admin or discuss it with the player after the round is over. If you see a player hit (on your team or the opposition) inform them at an appropriate time as they may not have felt/heard it.
* (2) Dead men tell no tales. Do not talk after you have called out. Keep your kill rag visible and stay out of the line of fire.
* (3) Mercy's; Be courteous to other players. If you are close (5ft or less) and have an unobstructed view of an enemy player mercy them. If they refuse or turn to fire you may open fire but use semi auto, try and avoid head/groin shots at close range. If you are a sniper you cannot fire you weapon closer than your rifles rated MED as stated above, so you should move away from you intended target or switch to a sidearm.
* (4) Laser's are allowed only with approval of admins and if they are within the classes below. Certain props have lasers but they are never to be pointed directly at players as eye damage could result.
* (i)Laser class 1 and 2 are allowed at all times
* (ii)Laser Class 1M and 2M are allowed only if no players are using magnifying scopes or optics.

* 4.0 Field Rules
* (1) Weapons should be unloaded, mag taken out, chamber unloaded (fire a couple of shots with no mag before coming into safe zone to confirm gun is unloaded) and be on safe on at all times while in the safe area. Please step out of the safe area or go to designated areas to test fire your weapon.
* (2) Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited during a game. Players found consuming either at the field (in or out of safe zone) will be banned from further games (read perma ban). Players coming to game or found in game intoxicated will be asked to leave for that day.
* (3) Eye Protection must be worn at all times on the field.
* (4) Shooting in/into safe areas is prohibited.
* (5) Smoke bombs must be ok'd by admins before game start (weather/field conditions effect usage). Use of explosives and homemade pyro is strictly prohibited.
* (6) Thunder Bs are Prohibited until further notice, Bear Bangers as well TFN
* (7) Nerve Gas. Red smoke is nerve gas. If a player is inside or in the wisps of the smoke cloud you are dead. If you can smell the smoke caused by the red smoke cloud you are dead. The residing referees for the game day have ultimate decision whether a player is dead or not. Respawn time is doubled. Nerve gas can be negated by wearing an admin approved gas mask. It must cover mouth and nose, restricts breathing, and has a ventilator.

* 5.0 Age Restrictions
* (1) Players must be 16+ and sign an annual waiver to play
* (2) A parent/ guardian is required to sign an annual waiver if under the age of 18.
* (3) Players under 16 will be allowed to play as long as they have a parent/ guardian sign the annual waiver and have a designated "guardian" for the day to participate alongside. *Parent/ legal guardian must arrange pickup/drop off times with designated guardian and player MUST have a signed note designating said guardian.
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

pillbox_joe

Member in Good Standing

Re: New Field opening up?

Post2015-06-16 / 04:47 UTC GMT +00:00

this is good news tj
just a couple questions, where is this field at?
and regarding field entrance payments i assume its cash for now?
Isn't this great Squidward? Its just the 3 of us. You, me, and this brick wall you built between us.

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

Post2015-06-16 / 05:16 UTC GMT +00:00

pillbox_joe wrote:this is good news tj
just a couple questions, where is this field at?
and regarding field entrance payments i assume its cash for now?

Field is in South surrey
It will be cash & EMT when the "doors open"
Location will be disclosed when all paperwork is signed
Also memberships which have yet to be figured out will be counted as donations with 85% being tax deductible I believe but will confirm.
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD

Rhino

Post2015-06-16 / 06:00 UTC GMT +00:00

Sounds like a good idea, and I would gladly support the field.

Curious on eye protection; if I read the rules right glasses will be an option?

Bumble Bee

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-06-16 / 07:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Awesome news!!!
I hope it's option 3. :D

LeatherGhost

Post2015-06-16 / 22:44 UTC GMT +00:00

I am glad to see that a new field is being built. Hope that I can find time and play.

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-06-17 / 02:13 UTC GMT +00:00

Looking forwards to checking the new field out!
Be Awesome.

Luke_Aventino

Post2015-06-17 / 04:42 UTC GMT +00:00

Love it. Count me in.
I can always help with promotional materials, 3D renderings of the field etc. Let me know if you need any of this stuff.

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

Post2015-06-17 / 23:43 UTC GMT +00:00

Thanks for the input guys.
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD

bushman

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-06-20 / 16:15 UTC GMT +00:00

So who is running the show?
Some people think I am trying to be sneaky, its really that my eyes are not as good and I have to make sure its a tree and not the enemy! Trees do not call hits. I have shot a few.
Next

Return to General Chat