It is currently 2024-05-01 / 01:57 UTC GMT +00:00

Upgrading the wiring in your AEG.

• Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Upgrading the wiring in your AEG.

Post2013-11-11 / 05:46 UTC GMT +00:00

Read up on deans before you read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=881

After reading up on dean connecters you know that the reason why we do it is to increase the electrical efficiency in your AEG system. Doing this will result in slightly faster trigger response and higher BPS.

By installing larger wires or higher quality wire we are reducing electrical resistance. Normally Stock AEG’s wiring is 18 gauge. A good upgrade is high quality silver 16 gauge wire that is not only thicker but the internal wire is silver resulting in much better energy flow over the standard copper wire.

Standard copper wire thicknesses

Low resistance 18 gauge silver wiring.

If you are looking for a relatively cheap way to increase the PEP out of your AEG this might be the upgrade for you.

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

Re: Upgrading the wiring in your AEG.

Post2013-11-15 / 07:27 UTC GMT +00:00

id like to add to this if I may;

I recently re-did some wiring on one of my aegs with some "for the time we'll call it improved" wiring, and long story short even though it was low-resistance. It was in fact a larger Outside diameter then then compared gauge. Why this is, is beyond me but I ended up having to take it all out because it was to thick for my gearbox. Even though it was rated at the same gauge. Not to mention it was incredibly weak and I could strip it using my fingers.

Just something to think about when getting to wire. Next time, I buy from an airsoft store such as airsoftstore.ca (love this place) and not a hobby store.
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-15 / 15:11 UTC GMT +00:00

yep your totally correct. make sure you are getting a thin wall wire that is strong and has a large strand count.

Night Stalker

Post2013-11-16 / 06:11 UTC GMT +00:00

I would also like to chime in here and say to people to only get stranded wire not solid core. The more strands the more flexible it is. Also stay away from aluminum wire. Some younger players might think its silver and in reality it is aluminum. Just my two cents as I do a lot of industrial control wiring and there are many different qualities of wire out there.

Return to Tech Corner