It is currently 2024-05-17 / 12:35 UTC GMT +00:00

Timaya or Dean Connecters? and dean connecter install.

• Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Timaya or Dean Connecters? and dean connecter install.

Post2013-11-07 / 17:29 UTC GMT +00:00

Timaya
Deans

Most stock Aeg’s are wired to small Timaya connecters. For a regular setup this is usually not a big issue. If you ever make the switch to Lipo batteries, this is where your connection choice can hurt your performance. Timaya connecters have a very small contact patch. (metal to metal contact)

The whole point of Lipo batteries is higher discharge rates. (read my battery thread for more info on batteries) when you use a Timaya connecter you are creating electrical resistance in the plug. Think about the electrical energy as a fast moving river, and think of the connecter as a drinking straw. Try to get all the water from the river to pass through the straw.... not happening.

Dean connecters have a much larger metal to metal contact patch, this results in a much more efficient way to get the electrical energy from your battery to your AEG. By doing nothing more than soldering on $2 dean connections, I have gained anywhere from 1-3 BPS in my setups.

For roughly 2 bucks a piece this is a great way to get a little more pep out of your electrical system as well as your AEG.

Return to Tech Corner