It is currently 2024-05-01 / 04:02 UTC GMT +00:00

AEG MOTOR REVIEW.

• Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

AEG MOTOR REVIEW.

Post2014-01-03 / 16:35 UTC GMT +00:00

I’m sure many people have tried many different Airsoft motors, some people might be looking for a higher ROF, and some people are looking for more torque to pull back beefier springs.

Here is a listing of motors I have used, and what I liked/disliked about them.

G&G high torque - This was the stock motor in my G&G M4, with a 9.6v battery it was pulling back a M140 spring (stock spring) at 11 BPS. Pretty respectable for such a powerful spring. It was a decent motor but left something to be desired.

G&P M120 high speed -I wanted to boost my ROF back when i first started playing Airsoft, with a 400FPS setup this motor was pulling back a m120 spring at 26BPS using a 11.1v 15-25c battery. Trigger response was decent, and it took the motor a fraction of a second to be able to spool up to the 26bps that it was giving me. Good motor for high speed setups, not the greatest for trigger response.

Guarder infinite torque motor I decided to try high torque motors so I purchased 2 of these for my M4 and Masada. Trigger response was incredible with a 400-450FPS setup and an 11.1 lipo. With both of my AEG's this motor gave put me in the area of 19-22 BPS, Plenty fast for me.

SHS HIGH Torque motor. I have only gamed this motor once in both my Masada and my M4, and thus far it has outperformed all my expectations. This motor is a beast and would only recommend it to gearbox builds of the highest quality. Trigger response is PTW like. This motor was pulling back my 400FPS spring at 20BPS using a 7.4v LIPO. And with a 11.1v lipo it was giving me a retarded 30.BPS. :o it was so fast and powerful that I was getting double shots on semi auto because the motor couldn’t stop in time. (AB Mosfet here I come)

If you have experience with any other motors please post them up.

Goggles

Re: AEG MOTOR REVIEW.

Post2014-04-23 / 19:36 UTC GMT +00:00

I'm a particular fan of Guarder Infinite Torque Motors, Lonex A2's, and nowadays, starting to warm up to Tienly Motors.

The difference between both Guarder and the Lonex Motors in question from the ones I've tested (both of them are short types) are sort of negligable with the same FPS builds. Really what it came down to was which one was available at the time of purchase... and I guess sort of what I was trying to build at the time.

If I had a choice, I would choose Guarder over Lonex more times than not. I like my guns to be shooting 400 and under, so the Guarder gives me the greatest balance between trigger response and rate of fire. If I have to lace a dude at range, I can do that without wasting too much ammunition (20 bb's per second is plenty fast for me, using an 11.1v battery 20c. That's 1200 rounds a minute give or take, the same as an MG42). The Lonex, I feel, can comfortably pull M150 springs without heating up too much. And the rate of fire ain't too shabby either, at 18 rounds a minute give or take (A2 variant) on the same 11.1 battery. Though it can be a bit whiny sometimes when you trigger spam on semi-auto, which is where the Gate Pico MOSFET I think it's called comes in handy.

I use the Lonex motor on my DMR build (LCT AK74M), and one other AK AIMS. I throw Guarder into all my other AK's, since they are now becoming readily available through local retailers.

The Tienly Motor (F5000, which is HS/HT), funny enough, was the newest motor I just tried out recently. Very, very, very high rate of fire with lighting fast trigger response. The trigger response was so good, that I had to downgrade the battery so I could still get my Semi-Auto working on the XCR. Planning to put it in my G&P M16A1... when and if that comes around that is. It doesn't heat up too much on full auto, or semi-auto trigger spam, but you need a good spring, or at least a MOSFET with active braking to get it to shoot properly (if you enjoy semi-auto). But if you love plastic walls being throwing in the direction of your enemy, show your boots.

That's just my two cents. Cheers all!

And see you on the field,
Fox Company
"Don't be afraid, the only thing in airsoft that hurts is feelings."

faded

Member in Good Standing

Re: AEG MOTOR REVIEW.

Post2014-04-23 / 20:10 UTC GMT +00:00

You sound pretty knowledgable goggles :)

Why dontcha pop over to the getting started forum and introduce yourself
BA L2 Certified Sniper
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Return to Tech Corner