It is currently 2024-05-01 / 08:55 UTC GMT +00:00

C-Tac Rifles

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Night Stalker

C-Tac Rifles

Post2013-11-04 / 07:31 UTC GMT +00:00

Hello, I am new to airsoft and have only played with rented guns (G&G i believe). I have been searching online for a decent gun to get started with and have come across some pretty cool stuff. It's all a little mind boggling with so many M4's and so many brands out there. I came across C-Tac and am wondering if in this community has a C-Tac rifle? If so what do you have? I like the look of the C-Tac SR-15 but want some real reviews if possible.

Iceman

Member in Good Standing

Re: C-Tac Rifles

Post2013-11-04 / 08:28 UTC GMT +00:00

Jtnasty has one I believe.
Who Dares Wins, The only easy day was yesterday, Sua Sponte
"Shooting is only 1% of what you're going to do in a survival situation, but it's 1% you can't F*** up on, It's 1% because it's based on life or death"
Stay frosty my friends.

Iceman

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-04 / 08:56 UTC GMT +00:00

Have you looked at the VFC mk18 or vfc m4es recon?

They're very similar rifles.
Who Dares Wins, The only easy day was yesterday, Sua Sponte
"Shooting is only 1% of what you're going to do in a survival situation, but it's 1% you can't F*** up on, It's 1% because it's based on life or death"
Stay frosty my friends.

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Post2013-11-04 / 09:29 UTC GMT +00:00

The C-TAC SR-15 is a custom built VFC for the Canadian airsoft market. VFC is a Top-Tier airsoft manufacture. The C-TAC SR15/VFC M4 E3 Combat Master is an older harder to find right now there are a few still available if you look hard enough.
I have worked on a few pretty good gun other that the stock piston in crappy but easy fix.
If you find them other than in Canada you would most likely have to up grade them to get them into Canada.
Here is some info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisFhyC6Dik
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6332
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?m ... s_id=35101
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-VFC-M4-CBMTR.htm
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/VFC-KAC- ... Rifle.html
http://www.milsig.ca/airsoft-guns-vfc-c ... inch-p-723

How much is C-TAC asking for them these days?

Hope this helped.

Shoot you later, ;)
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-04 / 17:39 UTC GMT +00:00

From what I've seen and heard, C-Tacs and VFCs are pretty Similar.
For example,
C-TAC
VFC

Externally, besides the markings (the C-TAC has C-TAC markings on the magwell where the VFC has Stoner and KAC markings) they are completely similar. I own the VFC SR15E3IW 11.5", and i love the thing. It sleeps beside me every night, and as we speak, she is purring on my lap (assuming that if aegs could purr). Now this is just me assuming that the C-TACs and VFC are similar externally, but if they are, they are great. The only thing you'll probably have to do is downgrade the spring. Other then that she should be good to go right out of the box. Plus, it looks sexy as hell and completely ambi-friendly which is perfect for a lefty like me. And super customizable externally. If you got the money and the accessories, you can have it go from the Mk18 Mod1 look (which is what mine currently looks like), to 3-gun style/training rifle.

But ill stop rambling. Someone get JTNaaaaasty in on this.
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

faded

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-04 / 18:21 UTC GMT +00:00

I've held and fired both a ctac and vfc very similar models. And gotta say the ctac looks pretty sexy. Jtnasty's ctac had a plastic piston that stripped but besides that nothing has gone wrong with it for almost a year I think. And it's a DMR.
BA L2 Certified Sniper

JTNASTY

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-04 / 18:42 UTC GMT +00:00

Alright, so I my c-tac is my first and only AEG that I have bought. Like previously said, it looks identical to the VFC model. I have the c-tac m4 Raptor and the VFC counterpart is called the M4ES-recon.

Ctac- http://www.ctacairsoft.com/c-tacm4raptor
VFC- http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/products.asp? ... 0and%20M16

Besides the few minor problems, such as the piston being stripped within a game or two, also I had Claymore switch the wiring over to deans. The gun comes with a 45 day warranty as well, if that means anything to you.

Out of the box it was shooting 400+ fps(I am shooting 425 fps now), with pretty good range and accuracy. I threw a mock silencer on and let me tell you, it's one of the quietest AEG's on the field. I like playing as a DMR, so depending on your style you may want to downgrade the spring a bit so you're within a certain MED criteria.

I got it on sale for $425, so it's a bit pricey.. but it's nearly full metal. The only external plastic pieces are the hand guards and the magpul stock.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-04 / 20:45 UTC GMT +00:00

JTNASTY wrote:I got it on sale for $425, so it's a bit pricey.. but it's nearly full metal. The only external plastic pieces are the hand guards and the magpul stock.

ooh boy let me tell you $425 is not pricy. my first G&G m4 cost me $560. And that was when airsoft was slowly getting cheaper. back in the day a full plastic TM would run you $700+.

i do not own any VFC guns but i have shot a lot. and a bunch of team members have VFC's. Expect your stock piston to strip with a 11.1v lipo pretty quick. ill be honest if i ever purchase a VFC i would also purchase a new piston for WHEN the stock piston breaks. I dont understand why such high quality companies install shitty pistons.

my PTS masada $700 back in the day had the same clear shitty piston.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-04 / 21:18 UTC GMT +00:00

^^^ that is true with the piston. Especially if you like to work the trigger in semi-auto like I do, expect it to go within 1-3 game days. But other then that, I'll take a VFC out of the box over anything besides a Systema.
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD

Night Stalker

Post2013-11-04 / 21:39 UTC GMT +00:00

Thank you all for the replies, I found this C-tac rifle on buyairsoft.ca. Which is an Alberta Company, the price is $599 for the SR15 and 499 for the M4. I like the look of the SR15, plus it seems like everyone out there has an M4 (just a generalized assumption based on reading a lot of different forums. Plus looking on a lot of websites and seeing what is out there). I have also read as most of you have commented that C-Tac uses VFC parts, and I have also read about the piston being crappy. The reason that I like the gun is that it comes with a battery, charger, its full metal, its Canadian and seems pretty powerful. Granted that most places only allow you to shoot upto 400fps. If i was to buy this gun and need to upgrade the piston what would something like that cost? Is there only 1 type of piston upgrade or many different types and is it easy to do yourself?

JNasty, how long have you had your C-TAC for? what upgrades have you had to do and where did you get it?
Next

Return to New Player Questions