It is currently 2024-05-01 / 11:49 UTC GMT +00:00

AR style rifles - best bet for first time player?

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Re: AR style rifles - best bet for first time player?

Post2013-11-02 / 23:26 UTC GMT +00:00

StreetShotz wrote:
Gunny wrote:
StreetShotz wrote:only thing that will take getting use to is actually pointing the thing at people.....13 years of run and gun and never pointing a firearm at people will be hard habit to get over.

its hard until you get that 1st confirmed kill. :twisted: then the thirst builds for more!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Always wanted to be that sniper who sat back and racked up the kills but from what everyone in airsoft is saying, its a very slow and boring role to play.
I will, in the future, pick up a good sniper rifle and give it a go just to see how I like it. Once I get into it more.

Sniping in airsoft is a love/hate and expensive style of play. My BAR cost me well over $1000 with upgrades. One thing that gets annoying is the foliage. The smallest twig, branch or leaf will throw your bb off track enough to miss your target. You need a 100% clear path from your muzzle to your target. Getting confirmed kills with a quality BAR is very satisfying. If you get one good clean kill in a 4 hour game you are doing great. I have gone a full game day without getting any sniper kills but relaying information to teammates.

Steel

Post2013-11-03 / 04:06 UTC GMT +00:00

The best part of this thread for me was watching how a "which gun" style question turned into a debate on whether or not you can toss someone a mag. :lol: :roll:

As for the actual post, don't overlook g&g. I loved the 416 platform amd went with the top tech tr418 light as my first gun, and haven't regretted it. If you are deadset on realistic looking with trademarks and everything then vfc all the way, but with the ergonomic grip and smaller handling of the tr418 light it was great for me. Just my 2 cents.
I wasn't the one who brought a knife to a gun fight, you're the one who brought a gun to a knife fight.

z_rampage1980

Post2013-11-03 / 04:46 UTC GMT +00:00

Steel wrote:The best part of this thread for me was watching how a "which gun" style question turned into a debate on whether or not you can toss someone a mag. :lol: :roll:

As for the actual post, don't overlook g&g. I loved the 416 platform amd went with the top tech tr418 light as my first gun, and haven't regretted it. If you are deadset on realistic looking with trademarks and everything then vfc all the way, but with the ergonomic grip and smaller handling of the tr418 light it was great for me. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your two sents, tip's! :roll:
Savage pic needed...

Iceman

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-03 / 05:18 UTC GMT +00:00

I was looking at the HK416 but I couldn't get over the stock and front sight. So I went with the VFC MK18.

Also, the mag idea is important if a mag doesn't work in your gun you're essentially out of the fight.
Who Dares Wins, The only easy day was yesterday, Sua Sponte
"Shooting is only 1% of what you're going to do in a survival situation, but it's 1% you can't F*** up on, It's 1% because it's based on life or death"
Stay frosty my friends.

stzy

Post2013-11-03 / 06:19 UTC GMT +00:00

Personally chose the AR aeg platform because of its versatility. Like Gunny said, V2 gearbox parts can be found everywhere and with a good gun tech, you can build the gun to do almost anything you want it to. Also, high quality full metal ARs have a huge selection of external parts including real steel parts (handguards, stocks. just not a real sight unless you want it shot out by Airmax). Haven't really played for too long but just some pros of the AR platform i noticed I noticed. I have a WE M4A1(non-katana) and its held up great. Only con I've noticed so far is the weak plastic hopup unit.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

Iceman

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-03 / 06:26 UTC GMT +00:00

just not a real sight unless you want it shot out by Airmax

LOL!

I bought a scope protector today for my new scope because that happened to me.
"Shooting is only 1% of what you're going to do in a survival situation, but it's 1% you can't F*** up on, It's 1% because it's based on life or death"
Stay frosty my friends.

Airmax

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-03 / 06:48 UTC GMT +00:00

stzy wrote:Personally chose the AR aeg platform because of its versatility. Like Gunny said, V2 gearbox parts can be found everywhere and with a good gun tech, you can build the gun to do almost anything you want it to. Also, high quality full metal ARs have a huge selection of external parts including real steel parts (handguards, stocks. just not a real sight unless you want it shot out by Airmax). Haven't really played for too long but just some pros of the AR platform i noticed I noticed. I have a WE M4A1(non-katana) and its held up great. Only con I've noticed so far is the weak plastic hopup unit.

Well , yes I shot Iceman's red dot out. I also bought him a replacement,(nice one too) of his choice. I had never done that in my 7 years of Airsoft.

psst ~ FN Scar FTW!
"That's what you said last time, Then look what happened!
*301 admins in exile*

Iceman

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-03 / 07:06 UTC GMT +00:00

Thanks a lot Airmax, you really didn't have to.

I was thinking of going for the SCAR but I found for my size it was really big, Also I didn't like the selector switch on it, for both of the one's I held it seemed to skip Semi. Furthermore it looked as though the upper receiver scuffed really easily(and not in a war torn way more like silly scratches).
Stay frosty my friends.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2013-11-03 / 07:34 UTC GMT +00:00

In addition to all the varying platforms you have already presented, some of us also recommend bull-pup rifles.

The bull-pups have less front mass and are therefore better balanced overall. This balance eases one-handed use and can improve accuracy when forced to use the weapon one-handed.

You may find yourself shooting one-handed when carrying a flag, prop bomb, a prop treasure, a buddy's rifle, etc.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins
Previous

Return to New Player Questions