It is currently 2024-05-01 / 11:00 UTC GMT +00:00

AR style rifles - best bet for first time player?

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

z_rampage1980

Re: AR style rifles - best bet for first time player?

Post2013-11-01 / 05:47 UTC GMT +00:00

I have had Claymore throw me a mag. atacking the tire fort.
If your out and someone has a mag most people will loan you
one (if it fits/feeds).
If needed you could adjust your hop up, who ever gives you a mag will tell you what's in it.
Just remember metal is much better than plastic when it comes to mags.
I drop my mags on the ground as I load a full midcap back in my AEG, I'll pick them up after the fire fight or before I move.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-01 / 13:31 UTC GMT +00:00

^^^
That or PMags. But as for rifles, go full metal if you do decide you wanna get into airsoft. Either VFC or G&G. Stock VFCs are great right out of the box. Might need to drop the spring a bit so it shoots in and around the 380 mark,
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

StreetShotz

Post2013-11-01 / 19:33 UTC GMT +00:00

Iceman wrote:Street you haven't played and BB weight can make a huge difference. Yes you can compensate but it's not as interchangeable as it might seem.

Faded yes there are occasions especially when you're with a buddy that you can interchange mags but not all guns can...like mine.

Onto the topic I love the ar15 platform, furthermore I'd say buy something higher end so you can keep it for longer.

True, I have yet to really play airsoft but I do shot 3 gun and have ran into this before. Changing BB weight and ganging bullet weights would effectivly be the same when it comes to trajectory and such.
I'm just saying, having the ability to fire something is better than not being able to fire anything at all.

I'm looking at a Umarex HK416 V2 AEG as my go to gun. It seems to be getting great reviews for construction and if you knoew me I am not nice to my firearms and I dont think airsoft will be any different.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-01 / 20:28 UTC GMT +00:00

StreetShotz wrote:True, I have yet to really play airsoft but I do shot 3 gun and have ran into this before. Changing BB weight and ganging bullet weights would effectivly be the same when it comes to trajectory and such.
I'm just saying, having the ability to fire something is better than not being able to fire anything at all.

yes and no, if you hop up is set for a .28bb and you are handed a magazine with .20's in it those bb's will exit the barrel and damn near fly straight up. you can compinsate for it sure but its better to just carry more bb's with you on the field.

and i still highly recommend playing before you purchase everything. just my opinion.

StreetShotz

Post2013-11-01 / 20:55 UTC GMT +00:00

Oh, I intend to play some more. I have goofed around with him and some firends before and really enjoyed it.

I will be sure to get out there and see what you guys are up to.

dice

Post2013-11-02 / 04:58 UTC GMT +00:00

damageMTF wrote:What happen to "get an AK best out of the box, ver.3 gbox and shots further than m4". ;) ...sigh...that was back in the day.

Love this...

And stop giving away these secrets!!! :)

z_rampage1980

Post2013-11-02 / 05:23 UTC GMT +00:00

455mm barrel Ver.3 reinforced mec. box, it was my first AEG and I still have it ;)

StreetShotz

Post2013-11-02 / 15:14 UTC GMT +00:00

I have had experiance with the AK platform when I shot a few matches in the states. They are really as good as people say.
In semi auto fire they are accurate as the shooter is and under full auto they feel like you could bring down a building.

If they are anything like they are in the real firearm the AEG AK would be a hell of a platform however, because I am so use to a AR style platform I think it would be an easier transition for me....only thing that will take getting use to is actually pointing the thing at people.....13 years of run and gun and never pointing a firearm at people will be hard habit to get over.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-11-02 / 16:55 UTC GMT +00:00

StreetShotz wrote:only thing that will take getting use to is actually pointing the thing at people.....13 years of run and gun and never pointing a firearm at people will be hard habit to get over.

its hard until you get that 1st confirmed kill. :twisted: then the thirst builds for more!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

StreetShotz

Post2013-11-02 / 18:04 UTC GMT +00:00

Gunny wrote:
StreetShotz wrote:only thing that will take getting use to is actually pointing the thing at people.....13 years of run and gun and never pointing a firearm at people will be hard habit to get over.

its hard until you get that 1st confirmed kill. :twisted: then the thirst builds for more!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Always wanted to be that sniper who sat back and racked up the kills but from what everyone in airsoft is saying, its a very slow and boring role to play.
I will, in the future, pick up a good sniper rifle and give it a go just to see how I like it. Once I get into it more.
PreviousNext

Return to New Player Questions