It is currently 2024-05-01 / 02:00 UTC GMT +00:00

Pistol Maintenance

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Steel

Pistol Maintenance

Post2013-10-13 / 03:01 UTC GMT +00:00

So because its my birthday i just got my first ever pistol, a kwa usp compact. Can anyone give me a rundown of everything i shud know so it doesnt break?
I wasn't the one who brought a knife to a gun fight, you're the one who brought a gun to a knife fight.

dice

Re: Pistol Maintenance

Post2013-10-13 / 04:52 UTC GMT +00:00

First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lube all the moving parts on the pistol keeping lube away from the hop up chamber. 100 % silicone oil
Note:(keeplubeawayfromiphone)

Lube also the seals on the mag. If lubing the mag BB chamber dont use a lot. you dont want that crap on your bbs.

Go buy a serpa holster.... and water front property.

Steel

Post2013-10-13 / 05:00 UTC GMT +00:00

Thanks! And when lubing it do u have to take the spring and spring guide out or just the slide off? I couldnt find any hard plastic holsters so i got a fabric one, its not bad but hopefully i can find a nice one i can order off the internet. This one is just temporary (unless i really like it) also ive never put gas in a gbb before so tomorrow when playing with asg will be my first time, how do you know when the mag is full?
I wasn't the one who brought a knife to a gun fight, you're the one who brought a gun to a knife fight.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-10-13 / 07:41 UTC GMT +00:00

In terms of the holsters. I used to have a fabric one also (by condor), and those things will just willy nilly let your pistol fall out, even if you have all the straps done up. If you're gonna use a fabric holster, get a pistol lanyard. You can get one online from most retailers for under $20. I know Dave's has a bunch that are also around the $20 mark. But eventually you're gonna want a kydex/sepra style holster. Dave's usually has a tonne of them (a whole wall section devoted to them when I was there last). They're close to $60 all said and done, but it's a real blackhawk serpa holster, and they are honestly one of the best pieces of kit I have ever purchased.
http://www.dstactical.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_119_238_418&products_id=595
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Steel

Post2013-10-13 / 15:58 UTC GMT +00:00

Meatshower wrote:In terms of the holsters. I used to have a fabric one also (by condor), and those things will just willy nilly let your pistol fall out, even if you have all the straps done up. If you're gonna use a fabric holster, get a pistol lanyard. You can get one online from most retailers for under $20. I know Dave's has a bunch that are also around the $20 mark. But eventually you're gonna want a kydex/sepra style holster. Dave's usually has a tonne of them (a whole wall section devoted to them when I was there last). They're close to $60 all said and done, but it's a real blackhawk serpa holster, and they are honestly one of the best pieces of kit I have ever purchased.
http://www.dstactical.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_119_238_418&products_id=595
After i bought my pistol at milsig we went to ds tactical and asked and they didnt have any, they tons for 1911, beretta, and glock, but nothing for the usp. I also checked poco and milsig. Any other places that are good for this kinda stuff? Because we live in langley and dont want to drive the distance if we dont kno that it is there for sure.

loops

Post2013-10-13 / 16:30 UTC GMT +00:00

To the internet you go.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-10-13 / 16:46 UTC GMT +00:00

^^^ Yup, pretty much. Check out Ebay. And go for a real Blackhawk Serpa or G-Code holster. I've heard of and seen knock off literally fall apart in the field.
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-10-13 / 16:52 UTC GMT +00:00

If you want a cheap chinese knock-off Trigger has them for USP
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/CQC-Holster-for-USP.html

But.. I have one of these and a real blackhawk one, the real one is sturdy and feels like it will last, the chinese one almost fell off during my first game using it, 2 out of 3 screws ripped right out and the 3rd was barely staying on. I superglued it back together but I don't trust that at all.

BTW, nice first pistol, I love the USP Compacts, almost as much as I love glocks ;)
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

dice

Steel

Post2013-10-13 / 19:18 UTC GMT +00:00

ya they said they didnt have any when i was there but maybe i got one of those employees who have no idea what they are doing. Im going to call them later and try again.
DrunkenTeddy wrote:If you want a cheap chinese knock-off Trigger has them for USP
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/CQC-Holster-for-USP.html

But.. I have one of these and a real blackhawk one, the real one is sturdy and feels like it will last, the chinese one almost fell off during my first game using it, 2 out of 3 screws ripped right out and the 3rd was barely staying on. I superglued it back together but I don't trust that at all.

BTW, nice first pistol, I love the USP Compacts, almost as much as I love glocks ;)
So far the feel and grip is fantastic but im trying the shooting ability this afternoon. Hopefully its as fantastic as it feels. I think ill buy the real one just cause its better to buy right once than wrong 50 times.
Next

Return to New Player Questions