It is currently 2024-05-21 / 12:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Im in trouble

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Mikefxd

Im in trouble

Post2013-09-04 / 01:54 UTC GMT +00:00

I think I might have a gun addiction. I am a guitar player as well and no matter how many guitar you have or how good they are you see one that catches your eye that you have to have. Well, it seem to be the same with these airsoft guns as well. They just look so real and how do you stop at one? I guess the big question is, how do you sneak them by the wife?

loops

Re: Im in trouble

Post2013-09-04 / 02:27 UTC GMT +00:00

She may understand and accept your guitar addiction but good luck getting away with an airsoft one. Luckily most women can't differentiate one gun from another. They also won't understand why you need more than one. I suggest buying a large gunbag or two that you can put a couple of aeg's in and if you don't own a garage put them under your side of the bed. My wife doesn't want to go near all those heavy bags. Only down side is its now my job to sweep the bedroom floor. She would kill me if she knew how many guns & gear I have squirrelled away in my house.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-09-04 / 04:40 UTC GMT +00:00

My solution that has worked so far: Stay single. And I know what most of you are gonna say (rampage, bushman, cman, claymore). But I aint hiding no guns n' gear at least.

But I understand your troubles. I've contemplated selling my telecaster and ES335 for more guns. And I'm a lefty, so getting those guitars were a bitch in the first place. Best thing to do is try and fight the urge and just perfect the gun you currently have.
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Post2013-09-04 / 09:24 UTC GMT +00:00

OK SSSSSHHH!

Here is my plan I think I'm safe now. You guys know that over the years I have fixed a lot of your guns. That is not the only reason why I offered to, it was part of a cover-up. With all those gun's coming and going now, my wife is immune to them now and will not suspect any extra guns that might be in the basement ;) .....

Thanks guys for sharing you guns with me, I think I'm in the clear. Here is an Idea Mikefxd you might want to start renting space at your home for those guys that might have "Storage Problems" and you can tell your wife that you are offering a clean & detailing server for the guys :lol: she them will not notice a few extra guns around your place ;)

Gunny has the best phase at the bottom of his Post's :lol:
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

Pinoy

Marshal

Marshal

Post2013-09-04 / 12:06 UTC GMT +00:00

Mikefxd wrote: I guess the big question is, how do you sneak them by the wife?

two things you can do:
1. be the boss
2. if #1 fails, buy her "wants" like purses...lots of purses

:lol:

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-09-04 / 15:25 UTC GMT +00:00

Mikefxd wrote:I think I might have a gun addiction. I am a guitar player as well and no matter how many guitar you have or how good they are you see one that catches your eye that you have to have. Well, it seem to be the same with these airsoft guns as well. They just look so real and how do you stop at one? I guess the big question is, how do you sneak them by the wife?

Congrats, you got the disease. Welcome brother.... lol

now if you have a wife like mine you learn quickly that sneaking a new AEG in the house every damn month is damn near impossible, so what I have done is keep my AEG/BAR/Pistol quantities generally low and UPGRADE the living piss out of everything..... thats what get me through this addiction.

All My AEG's are workhorses shooting exactly how I want them, 200+ft accuracy, super snappy trigger response, Relatively high BPS (20ish) and reliable as the sunrise.....

Now, if you choose to stick with the M4 platform you have no worries, just say that you modded your old M4 and she will never know the difference, I have even used the old "im fixing it for a friend" trick ;)

That usually keeps the wife off my back until I buy her new shoes and all my woes go away. :D

Take it with a grain of salt, of course for most of this I’m kidding. don’t lie to the wife that’s a no no....

And of course, sometimes you need to stand of your own 2 feet and grow a pair

Mikefxd

Post2013-09-04 / 20:17 UTC GMT +00:00

One?? I cant stop at one. I was doing good on the guitars as they they look somewhat the same until I bought a Flying V...She did caught that one. As far as the guns go I think keeping them under the house with the paintball guns they will kinda blend in.

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-09-04 / 21:52 UTC GMT +00:00

You guys make me feel lucky not to live with my gf... If and when that day comes I better convert her into an airsoft player or I'm screwed! Up to 5 rifles and 5 pistols so far... This sport combines the fun of shooting people with online shopping for bigger and better things to shoot people with... It's evil I tell you! (And I love it.)
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

Mikefxd

Post2013-09-04 / 22:57 UTC GMT +00:00

DrunkenTeddy wrote:You guys make me feel lucky not to live with my gf... If and when that day comes I better convert her into an airsoft player or I'm screwed! Up to 5 rifles and 5 pistols so far... This sport combines the fun of shooting people with online shopping for bigger and better things to shoot people with... It's evil I tell you! (And I love it.)

Its the shopping online thats my issue. I am a computer programmer and I spend all day online. So when is slow, out comes the Visa. I have my eye on a G&P U.S. NAVY MK23 Stoner right now.

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-09-05 / 03:53 UTC GMT +00:00

Mikefxd wrote:Its the shopping online thats my issue. I am a computer programmer and I spend all day online. So when is slow, out comes the Visa. I have my eye on a G&P U.S. NAVY MK23 Stoner right now.

I'm a Telecom Business Analyst... Also on my computer way too much, I realized after I posted that I have 5 rifles and 5 pistols that I actually have a 6th pistol on the way... I have a problem.
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226
Next

Return to New Player Questions