It is currently 2024-03-29 / 07:44 UTC GMT +00:00

New to LOWER MAINLAND airsoft.

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Smokeeater

New to LOWER MAINLAND airsoft.

Post2015-12-06 / 03:59 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey there just a few (okay maybe a lot) questions for a guy who has never airsofted in the Lower Mainland before.

For starters I was wondering how to actually sign up for LMAG games, do I post in the sign up section (seems like noone does), or do I just show up on the posted date and location ? Whats the turn out like ? How much money is it ?

Is there any drop in places around here, indoor or outdoor? I just learned that Panther paintball has drop in, do you guys play with the drop in players at all or privately? Also does Panther have drop in this time of year ? Does the drop in run any scenario type games or is it all just team deathmatch and simple stuff like that ?

I read the rules on the goggles and they seem a little funny to me. I use these:

http://shop.gryphonairsoft.com/smith-op ... 0045/dp/41

Full Seal and have the certification's, whats unclear to me is that do I have to use paintball goggles at Panther and other paintball sites ? is this a insurance thing, cause I really hate paintball goggles.

Thanks

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: New to LOWER MAINLAND airsoft.

Post2015-12-06 / 08:40 UTC GMT +00:00

Some answers:
  1. Yes, you respond to the game day sign up. It helps other players plan to attend and helps us plan the activity and if too few plan to attend, we cancel
  2. You can drop in to Ambush (tiny), Panther (large), Bigfoot (detailed)
  3. We do vary our play: separate from drop-in when we have around 16 or more; with the whole drop-in group; with some scenario-minded drop-in players
  4. Panther currently tends to simpler, faster games but has ambition towards 1 or 2 hour scenario games
  5. Panther invites groups to host event games (one slot each month)
  6. Your goggles have openings on the lens which all local fields prohibit, but you could bring them out and test the field (rent their goggles if the test fails)
  7. We respect host field rules. Some host fields have paintball and airsoft present, which can influence the personal protective equipment rules. Some host fields are indeed bound by the terms of their insurance. Bigfoot, Panther, and Ambush all allow fully-sealed ballistic goggles

Info about Bigfoot:
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Smokeeater

Post2015-12-06 / 20:06 UTC GMT +00:00

Thanks for all the info and reply.

Panther seems to have alot of info on their drop in so no questions there. But Is Ambush run through VanOps for drop in, thats what I seem to have gathered ? Lastly all the info I can find on big foot seems to be 2-3 years old. No new game dates or even posts, or any info on drop ins.

Hopefully my goggles will be fine, the holes are alot smaller than the size of a BB and can be closed so I dont see a huge issue.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-12-09 / 01:25 UTC GMT +00:00

Did you find the following information for Ambush? It's a private company like Panther and they have their own airsoft host.
http://ambushpaintball.com/ambush/AIRSOFT.html

To get information about Bigfoot, you need to contact them by e-mail or phone. It's a very private field (the owners do this for love of the game). When we plan to go there en masse we write them first and then post a sign up. I think FVAA might have converted to fb (ack!).

I have only ever seen established host fields in this area prohibiting goggles with openings in the lens. The risks are too high. You only have one set of eyes.

But we do have a lot of add-on fan and ventilation systems. Many players rig their own, but Gunny has made many for us.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Return to New Player Questions