It is currently 2024-03-29 / 05:25 UTC GMT +00:00

Status of things

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Bubbles

Status of things

Post2015-04-12 / 05:15 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey guys, it has been over a year (thanks to my senior year and starting university) since I have managed to come out to a game and it seems a lot of things have changed since then.

Are there still weekly games organized here on this website?
I have read through a couple of threads here and it seems as if there are less of the larger weekly games going on than there used to be. Is the community still strong or is it fading or?....
I hope not because, even though its been a while, I remember you guys having everything very well organized and it was always a lot of fun.

One last question, I have an ICS M1 Garand and I really want to use it the next time I come out to a game. However, I have not chronoed it yet but from what I know it will be firing around 415-420 fps with 0.2's. That used to be acceptable for on field use with a minimum engagement distance but now under the new rules I am worried that I won't be able to use it. I would appreciate it very much if someone could tell me if that will be a problem.

Thanks in advance for your your responses, and sorry for the scroll of text :?
Primary: Thompson M1A1, GSG 522 PK Shorty, ICS M1 Garand
Secondary: M1911

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Status of things

Post2015-04-12 / 05:39 UTC GMT +00:00

Bubbles,

Are there still weekly games organized here on this website?
Panther has both daily drop ins and openings for group games. Panther had been encouraging players to come together on fb and seek announcements at GVAC (on fb). It's a "you post you host" announcement. Many subgroups in airsoft have their own fb or forum sites. LMAG is one of the hosting bodies, along with Omega Ops and Aces and Eights. You can play any Sunday, but the ones we host we put here first.

Is the community still strong or is it fading?
The community is vibrant and has swollen with many players who have diverse interests. LMAG, Omega Ops and Aces and Eights are striving to keep scenario play going.

Will an airsoft rifle in the 415 to 420 class be allowed on the field?
Yes, you will have a larger minimum engagement distance though. Just like before. The main difference is that under Panther and GVAC, Sniper Certifications have become less important. Therefore, 550 class sniper airsoft is not allowed (top limit is for 500 class).

Notes:
  1. Honorcore now operates Panther since the start of April 2015, and rules may get tweaked in the coming months
  2. Omega Ops milsim next week uses LMAG energy limits and engagement distances (but only under 500)
  3. On Sundays when nobody proposes a game to Panther, all players become drop-in players (safety meeting at 11:00)
  4. Sunday mornings have the largest turnout as many players leave between 12:00 and 13:00
  5. GVAC or group-hosted Sundays start with safety meeting at 10:30
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Bubbles

Re: Status of things

Post2015-04-13 / 03:05 UTC GMT +00:00

Thank you jsae, well it looks like positive news all around!
Hopefully Ill be able to get out to a game soon, and hopefully it will be a longer day long event :D
I am happy to hear that the community is going strong, even though I think it is a shame that some of the "old breed" are not as active as before.
I am very excited that I will be able to use my nice fancy rifle now so thank you for the clarification.
Primary: Thompson M1A1, GSG 522 PK Shorty, ICS M1 Garand
Secondary: M1911

Return to New Player Questions