It is currently 2024-04-16 / 05:58 UTC GMT +00:00

Interest in airsoft

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Jonimus

Interest in airsoft

Post2014-10-15 / 21:27 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey everybody, just wanted to say hello after browsing the forums for a while and being a bit of a lurker. I've been getting the urge to get into airsoft or paintball lately and stumbled across this site. Seems like a great resource for those interested. Anyway, I was hoping perhaps I could do some drop in with you folks. Frankly, I'm a little confused as to how to get started. I don't own any of my own gear, and from my understanding, there are 2 main fields you guys play at, so unless somebody is willing to rent out their gear to me for the day, it'd have to be at a field that rents. I apologize for my general lack of knowledge, i've tried familiarizing myself with the site, but perhaps there's someone I could directly contact to get involved? I'd just like it if i didn't show up on game day completely unprepared or forgetting something major that prevents me from playing.

Also, not to sound like a wimp, although i suppose there's no way i won't asking this question: how badly do these things hurt compared to paintball?

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Interest in airsoft

Post2014-10-16 / 03:42 UTC GMT +00:00

You will find rentals and rides in the games section.

Many players have spare or semi-retired gear they can rent as well as guns they are comfortable renting, too.

Have you seen the Getting Started header topic? Also, read Meatshower's Guide to BBwarz in this New Player section.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Jonimus

Post2014-10-16 / 16:23 UTC GMT +00:00

Thanks for the reply, Jsae. I'll take a more thorough look through the games section. I hadn't noticed anything in there regarding that other than game dates/location/attendance etc but i'll admit it was a pretty brief glance.

I've read through Meatshower's guide and seems like a good plan to follow. I'll just rent for the first few times, and if I really enjoy the sport, I'll gladly pick up my own set of gear. I'm going to try swinging by one of these days or nights (maybe tonight if I can convince the girlfriend to tag along haha) to introduce myself and meet some of the regulars. I won't have any gear or anything obviously, it's more just to see what kind of atmosphere it is.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2014-10-17 / 05:59 UTC GMT +00:00

viewforum.php?f=39

It's in the gaming subsection, alongside the Game Days. You should be able to just scroll to it.

If you don't see it, you may need to introduce yourself officially and gain the next level of access.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Jonimus

Post2014-10-17 / 16:13 UTC GMT +00:00

Don't see it just yet. I introduced myself in another thread so hopefully it'll show up shortly.

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-10-17 / 16:32 UTC GMT +00:00

Welcome! Another thing to mention is that with our games at Panther there are field rentals available. Other players will generally rent you better gear than the field but it's an option to get started on. The BBs generally hurt less than paintballs in my experience, so don't worry much about that. And feel free to ask any questions you have, we are here to help :)
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

Jonimus

Post2014-10-17 / 19:40 UTC GMT +00:00

Thank you for the welcome :) I actually swung by the Panther match last night near the end there and spoke with a few people. Seems like a great bunch and looked like a lot of fun. Very friendly and helpful. I'm hoping to make it out and actually participate next time around ;)

Return to New Player Questions