It is currently 2024-04-18 / 17:35 UTC GMT +00:00

Thinking of starting...

After you read the Airsoft Information and Getting Started
Post your questions here for answers, eventually these questions will get rolled into the Airsoft Info.
  • Author

Watts

Thinking of starting...

Post2014-08-15 / 05:50 UTC GMT +00:00

Hello,

I played quite a bit of paintball years ago and I was thinking of checking our airsoft. I see there is a game coming up on the 23rd and would be looking to possibly rent some gear. I still have my paintball stuff so I should be good for goggles and gear, but the only gun I have is a pistol (got it a while back to practice for IPSC)... anyway, what I was wondering was two things:

What should I be looking at renting?

What is the age range of players? I'm in my late 30's and might feel out of place running around with a bunch of teens... :)

Thanks.

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Re: Thinking of starting...

Post2014-08-15 / 06:18 UTC GMT +00:00

Watts wrote:Hello,

I played quite a bit of paintball years ago and I was thinking of checking our airsoft. I see there is a game coming up on the 23rd and would be looking to possibly rent some gear. I still have my paintball stuff so I should be good for goggles and gear, but the only gun I have is a pistol (got it a while back to practice for IPSC)... anyway, what I was wondering was two things:

What should I be looking at renting?

What is the age range of players? I'm in my late 30's and might feel out of place running around with a bunch of teens... :)

Thanks.

Welcome! The game on the 23rd is at Panther Paintball, that field in particular does offer rental guns (though I can't remember the cost off the top of my head), it's best to contact them and check on that part.

The age range with this group is a little more wide spread than you may expect, personally I'm 32, we have a lot of players in their late 20's or their 30's, and a handful in their 40's or older. Not a ton of teens.

One more thing to mention is that the 23rd may be a smaller game day, a chunk of the regulars are headed to a milsim in Golden, B.C. that weekend, but it should still be a fun time.
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

Watts

Post2014-08-15 / 06:21 UTC GMT +00:00

Okay thanks. I'll try to get a few friends to come out too.

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Post2014-08-16 / 02:11 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey there welcome,

As you mentioned August 23 there should be a group playing at Panther. As Drunken Teddy mentioned a good group of guys will be out of town but the following Sunday up at Mapleridge paintball we have over 50 acres worth of terrain that we're working on. It Will be the best Airsoft field in the Pacific Northwest in time. I'm North of 40 and wish I found this sport earlier in time. I was getting a little too old for rugby so instead of hitting people with my body I get to use a gun :lol: ;)
I really like the team aspect of the sport it's not like in the movies when you get one guy versus 20 yeah that's not going to happen.

Well I hope to see out on the field soon.

Shoot you later ;)
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

Return to New Player Questions