It is currently 2024-05-18 / 22:49 UTC GMT +00:00

RVW: WE PDW (open bolt)

• Author

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

RVW: WE PDW (open bolt)

Post2013-09-28 / 07:33 UTC GMT +00:00

So, GBB Rifle/CQB gun. Sounds great right? Well if you are into re loading every 30 rounds and dealing with leaky mags, ya go buy one.

But to be honest, thats okay with me. I hate dealing with my stupid spring and anti-reversal latch in my DMR, and note I said DMR so its not a light spring. But with that in mind, GBBR's have bolt carriers and simple designs so working on them is nothing but a breeze....until your messing with the trigger assembly. Sure, those that have done such know how to put it back together in a blink of a eye but hey, it takes time right?

With my rifle, I bought it used so I knew I would probably have to do some maintenance on it, but what I didn't know is what else I could do to it just with some sand paper and a dremel. Polished bolt assembly later and shaved hammer allowed this gun to cycle faster and more efficiently. Also, I had to sand down the nozzle to allow the mags to fully seat and get locked in by the mag catch.

Enough yapping around, time for stats!

FPS/POWER: 328 (if I recall correctly) using .28s on a mild Saturday game day in the morning.
ACCURACY: Terrible until I adjusted the hop-up for the first time, and even then it was meh.... (its a CQB gun)
Reliability: So far, I bet I could field strip this gun and put it back together in 2 minutes flat. That being said, I know I did it in under 5 minutes when I first played with it. I had a bb jammed in it the first game playing it.

Over all review?

Well, this gun slams back In your shoulder just as hard as a .22 Don't believe me? Bring your .22 out, ill bring mine and my pdw and well see. Its a fun gun, full auto is un real and semi is just as good. Accuracy is meh but easily upgradable with a tightbore and an angel custom hopup (on my list next pay cheque). This gun also looks the part, being darn near close to 100% not plastic its does the job.

As far as mags go, its something to be desired, however you tube has helped me in sealing the leaky of my 7 mags.
:?
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Return to Gas Powered