It is currently 2024-03-29 / 05:01 UTC GMT +00:00

AEG Bucking review

• Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

AEG Bucking review

Post2013-03-13 / 05:21 UTC GMT +00:00

Gunny, Thu, 06 Sep 2012 / 15:08 wrote:There are a ton of options when it comes to AEG buckings. These days it can get very confusing with which one you should buy and install into your gun.

Here is a quick review on the ones I have tried and why I like/dislike them.

Madbull blue

Pretty cheap. Can get them in a pack of 2 with 2 new nubs. i find that the accuracy is good. its a great bucking to get you out of a jam. (i had my bucking break and this is all i had)

6/10

Prometheus Purple (soft)

one of my personal favourites. Great accuracy and range. i have used this bucking in a sub 400FPS setup and a 450FPS setup and it still worked great. Very good with cold temperatures and warm temperatures. Full auto grouping was very good and semi auto fire is also very good.

9/10

Prometheus red (hard)
very hard compound, accuracy was ok but i found that my hop adjustment was greatly decreased because of the stiffness of this bucking. when i went to take it our it tore....

3/10

PDI whold bucking

I tried this bucking after a friend told me the benefits of it. I was overwhelmed with its performance and instantly I fell in love. I find that because of the w hold design its semi auto fire's accuracy is greatly increased. I would highly recommend this bucking to DMR's. Where this bucking falls short is its full auto use. Because each bb doesn’t have enough time in the hop up chamber to get centered by the W sometime it shoots slightly off center. This means you are going to greatly increase your semi auto accuracy and decrease your full auto accuracy.

9/10

falcon green. (soft)
very similar to the PDI bucking. great range and accuracy in full auto and in semi. because the inside of the bucking is a H configuration the bb sit center everytime. cant go wrong with this one if you can find it in stock somewhere.

9/10

Falcon red (hard)
same as the above.

9/10

A+ studio bucking,
Internally the nub in these bucking are a lot bigger than normal that why they recommend at least a .30 bb with a 60 hardness and .36 for the 70 hardness. I found that with a 60 hard and a .30 I was getting good accuracy out of my DMR until about 180 feet then the bb would fly left or right. It could also be because it was a brand new bucking and it needs to be broken in. just to put this into perspective, with a prommy purple bucking I would have to adjust my hop up dial to 95% just too slightly over hop a .28. With the A+ studio's rubber I only have to turn the hop up knob 30% to get a straight flight out of a .30 and a 40% dial would make a .40 shoot straight.

7/10 so far. ill let you know if it breaks in better.

Loops\, Thu, 06 Sep 2012 / 15:37 wrote:Thanks for that Gunny. Hop up rubber's have always been hit or miss for me.

Gunny, Thu, 06 Sep 2012 / 18:47 wrote:if anybody has any expierience with others toss them up here.

dizzy, Fri, 07 Sep 2012 / 12:03 wrote:That "friend" that told you about the PDI W-hold must be super awesome. :D

Stock VFC or black Systema rubbers with an Element H-nub work wonders from what I've seen.

Goggles, Tue, 19 Feb 2013 / 13:39 wrote:I used to be using Guarder Black Buckings for the longest time (often because I did a lot of my teching with ASG, and it was often all they had in stock), but after a friend of mine started using Prommy Purple (Soft), seeing his performance increase was inspiring and have been using it in all my guns. Great bucking.

Great review. Thank god I read it before I started investing in Madbull Blue buckings...

claymore, Fri, 22 Feb 2013 / 23:40 wrote:Great info., I was just about to enbark on this journey to dial in on accuracy. We did the BB thing, now start with the rubbers for a good finish :wink:

I just put in a new REAP into my KWA ATP I'll see how it response tomorrow.
I try one of the REAP-3 in my KWA S-system but it was to hard, I could not get that much hop. It was in the middle of last summer so it was not because of the outside Temp.
I fine the KWA Bucking that they tout as the best are good but wear-out to quick, 6000th - 10000th then you start losing a tight seal on the air nozzle and the hopup nub starts to smoothen-out or break down.

The G&P accurate bucking I believe it is called is what I have found works well. But always looking to improve my shot. :lol:

That's my 2 cent.

shoot you all tomorrow, :wink:

Claymore

Return to Equipment Reviews