It is currently 2024-05-18 / 06:27 UTC GMT +00:00

Mechanix Wear M Pact Gloves

• Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Mechanix Wear M Pact Gloves

Post2013-03-13 / 05:10 UTC GMT +00:00

dice, Fri, 07 Sep 2012 / 12:14 wrote:Lets face it, we all have taken a BB in the hand, knuckle, finger and it smarts for the most part. But thats not the only reason we wear gloves.

I wear them also for protection against sharp twigs, bramble bushes, Stinging plants, poison ivy, wipe boogers or anything else I smack into.

At first I ordered the Standard Oakley Tactical gloves in Dark Earth/Tan purely for the cool factor. I was surprised when they worked very well. The two cons I had was I was between sizes. XL was a bit to big and it took almost a year to break in the LG, and they fell apart in that same year. 79.99. Still have them and am not knocking them. They did what they were supposed to do.

I used to be in the transmission/auto industry and watched most of the tranny techs. (insert joke here) using the Mechanix gloves and being a wrench turner some what i assumed they would be terrible to work with.
I should have known better. If you can do auto mechanix in gloves they must be worthwhile.

When the team went to camo from PMC i wanted a new pair of gloves to flow with the kit. Ender prompted me to check out the Mechanix.

The Gloves. Fit perfectly from the start. Snug buty not to tight. Not sure if this means they are perfect for me but after 2-3 months they feel like the day I bought them. They are not high on the wrist so they feel very mobile. Velcro straps are perfect. They have taken the rubber off the trigger finger so its easier to sqeeze off rounds. Notice the little cushion on the top of the trigger finger where the weight of your rifle would sit. re-enforced trigger pad ensures it will not wear through with repeated semi auto fire. In fact all wear areas are double layered. The palm material seems to sop up the sweat and make it more Grippy. Yes Grippy. Impact protection on both the top and bottom. Mmmmm, delicious.

Buy 'em local at arround 199 and 24th in Langely at there home office.
38/39 bucks'ish
Contact
(877) 278-5822

Check out the tactical line here.
http://www.mechanix.com/tactical

Apparently some swat teams use these ones in case they need to enforce a little knuckle sang wich...
http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/taa-m-pact-3-glove

z_rampage1980, Fri, 07 Sep 2012 / 21:08 wrote:I have a pair that I have had since 2004 I used for biking, I still have them. I used them on the ferry (insert joke), they are great and I have a pair I use at work (2 years) some holes. I'll bring them all out some time (not this weekend).

Impaler, Fri, 21 Sep 2012 / 10:27 wrote:got this glove a while back right from Mechanix canada HQ (which is 5 min away from Panther, FYI)

great product.

claymore, Fri, 21 Sep 2012 / 14:14 wrote:I have a thing about keeping my hands protected. I don't mind getting them dirty as long as at the end of the job or day, I can clean them up.
When working or playing in the wood, I don't need to stop to think is that ok to grab that?
I've spent hours trying on gloves, used for work and play.

Now my take on the mechanix gloves. They stay relatively to the same size that they start at because of the synthetic materials that they use, if anything they get a little bit looser depending on which style you get. The stitching and the gauge of thread that they use is pretty good. The knuckle and the back of the hand is well protected. The wrist area is not protected enough in my opinion they are good all around work gloves. The main reason that I don't wear them for T.M.S. (Tactical Military Simulation I don't say Airsoft anymore) is the trigger finger material is just a little too thick for my liking. The tactical teams that I have seen that seem to be wearing the Mechanix gloves have the fingers tips cut off. The lack of wrist protection when crawling on the ground coming across the stinging nettle is not my idea of fun.

I personal like the feel of real leather (on my hands you sick buggers). The deer hide gloves are nice but not very durable wear out to quick. Most cow hide is to thick. They start getting expensive for the real good kind, at Dave’s Tactical crazy prices.

I have found the prefect glove for TMS. They have the right feel, texture, function and price. The Vancouver company Watson Gloves makes a tan and black glove that I have been using for the last three year. I’m on my second pair. They work all year round.
Not to hot and warm enough in the winter. I was told the leather that they use in making the glove is goat hide. That hide it is more durable than cow in thinner layers and therefore you can have a glove with better dexterity.

I have tried on back to back the Watson gloves and a $90 pair of “tactical gloves”. The $15 Watson gloves functioned better than the $90 ones but they did not look as sexy as the more expensive ones.

So if you are looking for a new pair or a replacement set try them out.

Just a side note we don't have poison ivy or poison Oak in B.C.

claymore,Mon, 24 Sep 2012 / 22:34 wrote:Just an update.

I watched Sniper INC. on Sunday they featured Ronnie Barrett and his Lovely M107 and a few of his new toys.
Anyways if you look at the snipers gloves most are wearing different Machanix gloves.

I have just found the cheapest pair of tactical gloves that have Kevlar pads so you can operate you I-phone/computers touch screen. specially designed for those Special-Ops chairsofter.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=38771

**Notes that they are make with Goat Skin.

Return to Equipment Reviews