It is currently 2024-05-02 / 10:17 UTC GMT +00:00

FAST Helmet w/Comm mount.

• Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

FAST Helmet w/Comm mount.

Post2013-03-13 / 05:07 UTC GMT +00:00

meatshower, Thu, 15 Nov 2012 / 19:17 wrote:So I recently purchased a FAST helmet, ZSordin headset and a helmet mount for the helmet off of Ebairsoft. Heres my review broken down.

FAST Helmet-Score 3.5/5: It's a little smaller then my MICH2000 and IBH helmets, so I was expecting something that had a roomier fit for my head, like those 2 helmets do. Then Again, I do have a rather large dome (apologies to my mother for birthing this). But i can still get it to fit. The only problem is the rear straps don't reach forward far enough to fit comfortable around my jaw so that the chin strap can be seated properly on my chin. The cheek straps though have a rather generous amount of room. The material is an ABS plastic I believe. It feels kinda cheap, but it actually can take a good amount of stress. Plus it is rather light. It also comes with an NV mount, a rail system on both sides, and alot of velcro. All in all, a decent buy for a decent price. If you have a smaller head then mine (7-5/8"), it should fit your head rather well.
http://www.ebairsoft.com/fast-helmet-p-5368.html

ZSordin Comms-Score 4/5: Standard earmuff style headset. I have yet to plug them into a radio. Pretty good sound quality, easy to turn on and off. Plus there is a little buzz when you turn it on and off which is a nice little feature. They look tacti-cool, and they're rather light. Once i get to use them in a skirmish, I'll do a more indepth review.
http://www.ebairsoft.com/tactical-zsordin-headset-p-3502.html

Peltor style helmet mounts- Score 0/5: Useless, and stupid. They're too long for the helmet. The metal rods are stubborn and do not allow the user to modify their shape. Yet they always seem to bend when I put them down. The ZSordin headset just hovers above the ears, instead of actually snuggly fitting over the ears (you know, like ear muffs are supposed to do). I've found a better style mount on Ebairsoft that I plan to purchase and review. Crap product though, avoid avoid avoid
http://www.ebairsoft.com/z3ad-peltor-headset-tb397-p-5732.html

Final Thoughts: I still have some tweaking to do to get this helmet skirmish ready and comfortable/practicible. If anyone knows where to get a larger strap or has one, please comment or PM. Once this is ready, I think it will be the perfect touch of tacti-coolness for my new SEAL-EOD loadout.

Thanks, and stay golden ponyboy.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Re: FAST Helmet w/Comm mount.

Post2013-03-15 / 22:07 UTC GMT +00:00

UPDATE

So while i was still in Vancouver playing, it did get to try out and tweak the helmet and comms a bit. Here are my final thoughts. After playing with all this gear I was pretty impressed by its "Bang for the buck". My only suggestions for people looking at getting a FAST helmet is to look at the FAST BASE model (the one with air vents). I noticed alot of moisture buildup on the inside of my helmet which was also causing my goggles to fog. Also my head sometimes felt like it was in an oven. But still a good helmet. As for the ZSordin headset, it does its job with minimal flaws. I did notice with the ambeint sound microphones that I could only really hear what was going on infront of me. If someone was beside trying to talk to me i couldn't really hear them. Also there was a few times where the headset would make a wierd squawking sound for no reason, but that only happened once. But yeah, there's my update on these products.

R-O-C-K in the USA

Crash

Admin

Admin

Post2014-05-05 / 17:34 UTC GMT +00:00

Meatshower, the people at fast need to talk to Giro. Giro makes ski helmets. I recently bought one with an actual vent control. Basically all it has is a sliding vent accessed from the top of the helmet. Via a little toggle that opens and closes for the amount of venting required.

Crash

Admin

Admin

Post2014-05-20 / 18:26 UTC GMT +00:00

Update for my fast (knock-off) helmet. Was wearing this helmet on Sunday past while attending a game. Used a set of my low profile ess instead of the JT spectras. Well the ess fogged up due to the low profile. The top vents were covered or blocked by the helmet not allowing for air flow. Hence there was a build of of fog inside the goggle. I am going to try a thermal lens at the next game and update.

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

Post2014-05-21 / 05:07 UTC GMT +00:00

I use a JT spectra thermal with 2 gunny special fans built in with my FAST helmet, works like a charm, even in that hot humid, upper playing field @ mrp.
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Return to Equipment Reviews