It is currently 2024-04-20 / 10:53 UTC GMT +00:00

Smith Optics Boogie Regulator goggle

• Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Smith Optics Boogie Regulator goggle

Post2013-03-13 / 05:06 UTC GMT +00:00

claymore, Mon, 19 Nov 2012 / 01:14 wrote:I had contemplated on picking these up for about eight months? But until recently we did not really have a field that we could use them.

I Have been using Smith Optics Photochromic Polarized sun glasses for the last eight years. My first part was for fly-fishing but once I tried them on I have not used any other type of sun glasses for any out door activity except TMS. I have longed for the day that I could use a pair of Smith Optic for TMS. On Saturday I was not disappointed with the cairity and depth of vision the contrast with the low lighting, it was even better than I hoped for. I can't wait for a sunny day :D

Now I would not advise the uses of these when the weather condition is calling for 100% Humidity. I will have to try them on a typical day of 40% to 60% Humidity. I have learned that I will still use my PB mask with fans when the humidity is higher than 50%. I move around a bit on the field so I will probably stick to my PB mask for the foreseeable time.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I picked -up and wore an Iron-Face half mask on Saturday with the new Boogies. I would suggest strongly to all players to wear some kind of lower face protection NO matter what kind of Goggles that you wear.
On Saturday I was shot three times in the Lower face area. thank God I was wearing something. I already have a chipped tooth and a vertical crack running up it from TMS :shock:

On Saturday the only goggles that I saw that worked well in the condition was PB goggles with Fans running in them.

The next step for me since I'm a really big fan of Smith Optics is to look at getting My hands on their OTW goggles with the fans (they are out of stock right now :( )

Just a side note If anyone is needing Fans or a Fan kits for there goggles PM me I have them. They will keep your Goggles clear and you in the game.

Shoot you later :wink:

Return to Equipment Reviews