It is currently 2024-03-28 / 08:34 UTC GMT +00:00

HELP! Chris Hamel (ex-Panther owner) causing issues.

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

HELP! Chris Hamel (ex-Panther owner) causing issues.

Post2016-12-09 / 04:42 UTC GMT +00:00

The following are my own opinions and strictly how I see this situation. I strongly feel however that stopping this application and any further involvment Chris has in the community is the right thing to do.

So many of you are already polarized buy this guy and the issues he's caused in the local community, as well as for ASC, etc. Anyways, he's at it again. He has opened a store in Kelowna called Black Dragon Airsoft and has already begun to upset the the community there, I have heard several first-hand accounts of his products and business ethics being thrown into question in great detail. The Kelowna players are run by standup group of guys who have access to a free-to-play field that was given to them by Forestry, they carefully maintain and have insurance through the CFP. I have visited the field many times and dealt with the community there and was impressed by their attitudes and dedication. I'm sure many of you know how difficult it is to maintain an airsoft community, especially in a smaller community. Chris recently created and application to acquire crown land to open a pay-to-play airsoft field and suddenly Forestries received anonymous complaints about the free-to-play field trying to shut it down. Also Chris has resorted to slagging them and lying about them online claiming that they have no insurance, and that they have no safety regulations and has resorted to calling them "outlaw" airsofters.

At any rate, they community has reached out for help and is gaining support from some ASC members, Kamloops and surrounding communities, the people who live near the application area (Joe Rich Area), some of Chris's ex-employees and others. I know many LMAG and other people have had issues with him and may be willing to help block his application, I only ask that it's done ethically. Here's the link to the application where comments can be left on it: http://www.arfd.gov.bc.ca/ApplicationPo ... stID=52328

Many members have moved on since all the BS and I have no way to get in touch with them. Feel free to pass this link on. If anyone wishes further information please contact me via PM on ASC under the same name (Ricochet).

Thanks.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Team SWATT: Recruiting
ASC Age Verifier (Greater Vancouver)

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: HELP! Chris Hamel (ex-Panther owner) causing issues.

Post2016-12-15 / 09:04 UTC GMT +00:00

Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Crash

Admin

Admin

Post2016-12-15 / 15:43 UTC GMT +00:00

He was bad news in the lower mainland and it looks as if he is doing the same in Kelowna.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2016-12-15 / 16:10 UTC GMT +00:00

Attachments
Screenshot_2016-12-15_08-08-05.png
Screenshot_2016-12-15_08-08-05.png (128.63 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
Screenshot_2016-12-15_07-52-46.png
Screenshot_2016-12-15_07-52-46.png (394.85 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
301 admins

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2016-12-15 / 20:08 UTC GMT +00:00

The locals in that area (Joe Rich) don't want it and it's a popular hiking, biking and dog-walking area, so I don't see this application getting put through. That being said, typically is just leave well enough alone. If someone wants to build a pay-to-play field, then all the power to them. However, after all of the firsthand accounts I'm hearing about his conduct, online, storefront and others, We're going to send him a message, and it's; that he is the wrong guy and that he will not have community support, after all the crap he's pulled.

If you want to help, block his application, update many of our friends who no longer frequent this site or may have retired, reach out to anyone you may know in the Okanagan scene and give them detailed information. Many there who don't know him have bought into his ways and are ignorantly supporting him. The last thing I want to do is split the community, but more than that I don't want to see them go through what this community went through. That being said, there's far more support against than for him and all support from outside the Okanagan, which is staggering, is against him. We also now have some government officials kind of taking our side in the right areas. We've got until the 30th to block this particular application.

Anyone can PM on ASC for more info, I'll also discuss on the phone if you can add additional resources, especially in the Okanagan.

Thanks everyone.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2016-12-17 / 15:30 UTC GMT +00:00

The following information is second-hand but has been reiterated by more than a few people, so take it for what it is.

Chris has now openly said that he's going after Kelowna Airsoft to members of other groups whom I'm in contact with, citing that wether he wins or loses his field bid he's going to do everything in his power to take them down. He's started trying to threaten/bully people with litigation. I think even without our involvment this application would flop. Now talking to people that know him, he's in financial trouble and this field is either a Hail-Mary, or an 'all-his-eggs-in-one-basket' move. It's second-hand, but apparently his money runs out around March, this may/may not include his Black Dragon store front as well. Anyways, it is what it is, but this is where he's going to start getting backed into a corner and lashing out, as he's done in the past.

Airmax

Member in Good Standing

Post2016-12-18 / 20:20 UTC GMT +00:00

Oh really, Mr. ASSHOLE could not just retire and be a nice little man...well I have some unfinished business with him. I will offer help in anyway I can to put a stop this HUGE bag of dickery. Being the fact that I have known about him for many years (1989) and have many friends and a cousin that has dealt with him over that time period and regardless of the sport in which we have done in the past, all that this man care's about is money, period. He has demonstrated this time and time again proving what people have supportly said in the past and present.
He has also proved how much of a keyboard Commando he can be by threaten law suits if he doesn't get his way or Forcing his will and rules upon a community that he tried to do in the past. As for rules of the club/airsoft that we're in place, Mr. Dickery had commented that our rules we're "Fucking stupid" at the time. Funny thing is that once his idea of Airsoft got going off the ground, he had no rules what so ever and barely even use a crono to check guns coming on the field. I don't know to this date that anyone got hurt, but it probably gave airsoft a bad outlook to those renters trying it out for the first time...
To date, his business dealings we're terrible and many people can verify that.

I could go on and on as there is so much material to work with but I'm not in the mood and I need a to make a beer run to the store shortly. check your Pm Ricohet

cheers and Merry Christmas , see you in 2017 ;)
Last edited by Airmax on 2017-04-23 / 16:38 UTC GMT +00:00, edited 1 time in total.
"That's what you said last time, Then look what happened!
*301 admins in exile*

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2017-04-01 / 21:11 UTC GMT +00:00

So Chris has started threatening and blasting people online who speak out against him or give him negative reviews, etc. On Facebook he's deleted many of the reviews left by individuals to maintain his five-star rating, so his business looks good. Many new and uneducated players are being taken in by his BS and he's selling them broken guns and then offering no tech-service or return. In some cases trying to convince newer players that they should buy a second new gun from him, as that would be cheaper than tech'ing, fixing, or upgrading the first POS they bought off of him. These stories are starting to pile up. Some of the younger people who have given a negative review or said something negative about him have received threats and/or getting raked across the coals, which makes many of them go silent. They don't realize the suppprt that they actually have within the Canadian Airsoft Community at large.

PLEASE LEAVE CHRIS/BLACK DRAGON AIRSOFT SOME NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, YELP, ETC. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'VE BEEN BURNED BY THIS GUY IN ANY WAY, OR JUST WANT TO POINT OUT WHAT A CANCER HE IS AND HOW MANY PEOPLE OPPOSE HIM.

Please be somewhat ethical, don't make anything up or create a post no one will take seriously, etc.

Thank you everybody...

PS: TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND REALLY PUSH TO GET THOSE REVIEWS OUT THERE. TAKE SCREENSHOTS IF YOU CAN AND PM ME FOR MY EMAIL ADDRESS. I'LL BE HAPPY TO SEND THEM TO AK AND OVA BEFORE HE DELETES THEM OR HAVE THEM REMOVED.

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/BDAS99/

Google: http://www.blackdragonactionsports.com

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2017-04-01 / 23:31 UTC GMT +00:00

301 admins

Return to General Chat