It is currently 2024-04-19 / 01:35 UTC GMT +00:00

GBBR owners chime in.

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Re: GBBR owners chime in.

Post2013-07-15 / 15:08 UTC GMT +00:00

good point Andres. Hard metal smashing into soft metal is not a good thing.

ooh one day ill get into GBBR's when i feel that someone makes a reliable gun.

Andres

Post2013-07-16 / 06:44 UTC GMT +00:00

I think with GBBR's as of right now it's really up to the skill of the user to make it reliable. I'm sure some guys can put thousands of rounds before replacement parts on a GBBR, however I do not have the tools or the necessary know-how to do said reliability mods to my rifle.

Apparently the GHK AK's are decent out of the box, though.

Or you can go polarstar, but y'know. that system doesn't give you the racking and banging fun that GBBRs provide.

After some more playing around with GBBR I'll make some more final assessments.

loops

Post2013-07-17 / 01:57 UTC GMT +00:00

My KWA pistols and MP7 are my only reliable airsoft guns. I know they make rifles now as well and if they are the same quality as their pistols I'll be adding an AK or M4 cough cough for gas gun days.

Sicyon

Post2013-07-17 / 02:14 UTC GMT +00:00

I own a closed bolt WE PDW, open bolt WE M4 (was closed bolt with custom bolt carrier), KWA MP9 and KJW 10/22. By far the most consistent and reliable out of the box is the 10/22. I personally found that the closed bolt M4 performed better than the open bolt one, it seemed a lot more consistent once dialed in (it wasn't really fun to get dialed in though). From an engineering perspective, I found the design to be more sound as well (except that the hopup REALLY, REALLY REALLY REALLY sucked, as in you change BB weights instead of messing with it).

They really are fun as hell to shoot and to game. The recoil, general operation, reloading, and magazine count all add a degree of realism that you just can't match with an AEG.

That being said, compared to an AEG, they are not at all consistent. They are very seasonal and ambient temperature plays a huge roll in their performance.

The only one I have ever had a problem with is the MP9 (which I have yet to fix) with it not cycling correctly, some part inside out of alignment or some such thing.

In terms of mags, I've only had problems with the version 1 WE mags leaking, the newest version (the open bolt ones, though you can convert them to closed bolt if you feel like it) ones are very solid. I've never had an issue with the KJW or KWA ones. They are expensive though, and heavy. Don't lose them

I'm not really a fan of having to carry extra gas, but on the plus side you don't have to deal with batteries. You do have to reload mags more often which is kind of a pain, especially since some of the mags are not speed loader friendly (it can be done, but its ugly)

If you decide to game them, you will have to rethink the way you play. You do not have limitless ammo to dump down range. That fact alone makes the game take on a completely different aspect. You will hate AEG users with high caps. It really is a very different experience.

If you want realism and you don't mind tweaking go GBBR.

All said and done, I would personally run an AEG. I like the realistic reloading and operation, but I prefer that my shots go where I aim every time.

Boo

Post2013-07-27 / 23:26 UTC GMT +00:00

kjw tk m4 in my mind is all i want for my primary, although i dont play with the group much anymore, i play lots with a few friends and its the bees knees as far as im concerned , and id love to find others who feel the same way to make a GBB group. my two cents on the table.
Previous

Return to General Chat