It is currently 2024-05-18 / 16:54 UTC GMT +00:00

Polarstar Segregation

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Noir

Marshal

Marshal

Polarstar Segregation

Post2015-05-26 / 15:11 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey guys I dont know if you know but panther has started segregation polarstars to their own play group. This last sunday no one except myself was in that group so I would have had to play alone. Since it was the first week this rule was implemented I was allowed with the group. How ever talking to Jimmy, one of the refs he said if there was enough opposition to this it would be changed. He asked me to talk to lmag and see who disagrees with it. If you are against it write your full name down here and if you have it a membership number for panther paintball.
I'm so operator when my battery dies I take my barrel out and use it as a blow gun.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

Pinoy

Marshal

Marshal

Re: Polarstar Segragation

Post2015-05-26 / 17:44 UTC GMT +00:00

There are enough comments in LMAG Facebook page that they can base their decision whether to segregate P* or not.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-05-27 / 06:32 UTC GMT +00:00

Just make sure you speak to Stan when you see him at the field.

Earlier this month, Stan noticed that the overlapping fire fields and range of 3 P* operators dominated the "Mexico" field and the opposing team didn't have any real opportunity to get in close enough to engage effectively. He is looking for ways to make the experience worthwhile for all players on the field.

On 31 May, Stan is going to assist me to offer players tactical games separate from the fishbarrel ("paintsoft") games that th staff provide.

Please give Stan feedback about your experience at the field, so he can assess the community needs. So far, he's only seen the "negative" P* operations. It harkens to what Aaron did at MRP to keep drop-ins separate from players with super-hyped rigs.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-05-27 / 07:41 UTC GMT +00:00

Lindsay Hunt (against Polar-star restriction)

This is not a good path to go down.

Polar-stars are not the bad guy and certainly not the most consistent or accurate guns I have seen, although near the top and definitely above average. Any super tuned gun, AEG, GBBR, etc, will have a distinct advantage over rentals, toys and newb platforms, period.

Honestly I don't get why experienced and well kitted players want to shoot at kids with toys, but what do I know? This isn't the first time drop-ins have been pinned down by superior fire and it won't be the last. To pick on Polar-stars makes no sense to me though.

I'm not a huge fan of the way guns are being chronographed, so if someone wants to keep things square, they should start there. Another thing to do is to put more thought into evening the teams. Split the experienced and properly kitted players and the newbs and drop-ins to keep things more square. But honestly though, the drop-ins, especially the kids or at least the under sixteens should be off on their own adventures. One ref to babysit them and everyone else, elsewhere.

The big issue I see is that GBBR and HPA/O2 platforms aren't being regulated properly. Mix that with a nearly useless DMR class and overly complicated FPS/MED system and you've got a mess.

Honestly, if this is their concern they could just separate groups by FPS. Have a different play area for the under 380 crowd. Or something anyways, you guys get the hint. Even if HPA kits were the very best platforms out there by a margin I still wouldn't restrict them, it's up to the other players to up their ante. Or create a light/for fun game for the lesser.

I have seen similar behaviors before though. Back ten - fifteen years ago a Kelowna group banned PTWs. Hardcorp in Penticton, when they were still around, was against overly organized groups and overly tuned/kitted players, because they thought it might scare away the drop-ins.

Easiest way though. Separate the youth and the adults. If anyone is there with their kid, a total drop-in/renter, they can play with them too. Adults can man up and have their own thing going.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Team SWATT: Recruiting
ASC Age Verifier (Greater Vancouver)

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-05-27 / 15:15 UTC GMT +00:00

I don't think segregating p*s is the way to go, I'd rather see the shields segregated....off to a corner in the back.
Be Awesome.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Polarstar Segregation

Post2015-06-01 / 06:00 UTC GMT +00:00

Discussion today at the field revealed that the real issue seems to be a cabal of players who have switched from speedball to P*'s in drop-in sessions. These players have made regular drop-ins suspicious of P* in general.

Stan is still considering a way forward with P*'s to address the key issues which arise during games. Some notes to consider:
  1. players complain of overpowered guns -- Stan is aware of "joule creep", some players use it as an excuse
  2. players report P* users adjusting their guns UP on the field
  3. players complain of excessive fire -- Airmax offered that Milsig-Panther limit P* users to midcap magazines or such

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
301 admins

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Polarstar Segregation

Post2015-08-13 / 06:15 UTC GMT +00:00

I put together a draft chart for Elliott to summarize the Panther engagement rules and energy levels.

Note how they measure the HPA gun class.

This is it:

301 admins

Return to General Chat