It is currently 2024-05-18 / 22:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Field BBs

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

LeatherGhost

Field BBs

Post2015-04-22 / 16:41 UTC GMT +00:00

I am a casual player and I am lucky to go out a few times a year. I have not been out to Panther yet, and I am not entirely sure how Panther enforce the Field BBs Rule. Do they check the people's magazines when they arrive at the field? I like to preload my mags when I am at home.

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Re: Field BBs

Post2015-04-22 / 18:32 UTC GMT +00:00

I understand where you are coming from. Especially trying to fill mid-caps or low-caps out of the back of your vehicle, but they are expecting that you are buying there BB's. Loading before or at the field has not come up as far as I know. As long as you can show the management team that the BB's that you are using are theirs is the best way of dealing with that.

I'M NOT SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF LMAG. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: Field BBs

Post2015-04-23 / 04:43 UTC GMT +00:00

Leatherghost,

You must remember that:
  • Panther needs us to use biodegradable BBs - REQUIREMENT
  • Panther needs to make sure that biodegradable BBs are used at the field - REQUIREMENT
  • Panther has no way of confirming you have loaded biodegradable BBs - FACT
  • Panther sells biodegradable BBs at the field - CONVENIENCE
  • Panther has chosen to restrict BBs used on field to the ones they provide or approve - FACT
  • Panther offers a "corkage fee" system so they can approve player BBs that are biodegradable - ALTERNATIVE
  • Panther is also a capitalist business which must meet a level of profit to remain open - REQUIREMENT
  • BB sales generate profit - FACT

Panther has Tamashi (Milsig) BBs which Milsig has tested in Systema equipment, so you should be OK for the moment. Plus Panther (Milsig) will soon have other BBs available at the field, too.

I think that the corkage fee system might need some tweaks and adjustments, though.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Return to General Chat