It is currently 2024-05-17 / 17:12 UTC GMT +00:00

So ya!! what about them bad old P*s?

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Noir

Marshal

Marshal

Re: So ya!! what about them bad old P*s?

Post2015-04-11 / 18:07 UTC GMT +00:00

That is a possibility I have seen some american rule sets where hpa rigs will be at a lower fps then aegs. I have seen a 350 fps vs a 400fps. You said polarstar crankers have been a provlen. Is this at panther or somewhere else? According to evike a base pv14 will shoot up to 405fps with a .2gram bbs at the max 120 psi. Cqc less and longer barrel more. My polarstar I have at 80-90 psi with a 460mm barrel and its at 400. There are nozzle changes to change all these values also. A rps limit should be enforced on all Airsoft guns. Right now my polarstar has the lowest rps of my guns. But I see guys with aegs shooting way over 25bps.
I'm so operator when my battery dies I take my barrel out and use it as a blow gun.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

cook-off

Post2015-04-11 / 20:01 UTC GMT +00:00

seems we are chasing our tail a bit on this subject, to date, the only time I have seen this rule surface is with the most recent OO MIL-SIM that is coming up!

I have never heard PP mention this or ever enforce it, no one has shown a proper tourney lock or how they want it attached or installed? no one has even mention a ROF maximum or enforced that either?

If this is just a hit and miss rule for individual teams or clubs then so be it, I guess a guy with a P* can choose to play or not depending on how he feels about arbitrary rule.

IMO it should be a FEILD rule, advertised with some info to support the ruling and how they want it locked or restricted!

If the hit and miss unclear ruling was to continue or P* were say banned, then I would personally I would be done with Airsoft just on the shear stupidity factor, not a big deal in the big picture since there are only and will likely be only a very small percentage of P* users.

So I just going to sit back and see it how it all unfolds since at this point we are only two or three people that are even following this!
you went FULL RETARD!!

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-04-11 / 23:12 UTC GMT +00:00

OO is also the only one performing chrono testing. Or suggesting they would do it at sign up.

Notes:
  • We need to see documents showing Honorcore's stand on rules
  • We need to see if Honorcore would support chrono testing on regular Sundays
  • We need to start chrono testing when we host Sundays

Further, the main discussion so far is from players who are diligent with their gear (great sign of respect of fellow players) and who prefer other players to respect them back. But the rule specification is for players who don't respect.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

cook-off

Post2015-04-12 / 03:41 UTC GMT +00:00

Hmmmm, re-write what was burned...interesting :roll:

you think people that have played the game will be asked input I wonder, or, just roll the dice!
you went FULL RETARD!!

MadHat

Post2015-04-12 / 06:04 UTC GMT +00:00

Out of curiousity... does anyone know if the tourney lock rule applies only to polarstars? Or is it a all encompassing rule for anything running off HPA or HPA+Regulator?

I picked up a HPA rifle awhile back but haven't gotten everything in to set it up the way I like it yet (also stupid barrel nut... can't get the damn thing off until I find a proper AR wrench) so I've yet to game it so the rule irks me somewhat, since, as others have already stated, its easier and faster to swap a spring in some AEG's than it is to change the fps on some HPA setups.

Also, +1 on a ROF/BPS limits, some of the setups out there, whether they be AEG or Polarstars, have an ridiculous and unnecessarily high ROF's... I know the AEG guys cite "trigger response" reasons, which I personally think is sort of a BS excuse to get a high rof build more than anything, but when you put high fps and high rof together, it starts to be a legitimate safety concern.

Chrono testing sounds perfectly reasonable as well, I've only been chrono'd once when I started out last summer and that was at a Panther run sim (which was really meh...). Besides that one time, I haven't seen any chrono'ing going on at any other game I've went to and I know some guys are running slightly hot guns after talking to or overhearing some guys in the parking lot.
Previous

Return to General Chat