It is currently 2024-04-28 / 05:15 UTC GMT +00:00

The way of modern, competitive airsoft.

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

The way of modern, competitive airsoft.

Post2015-03-27 / 19:12 UTC GMT +00:00

For anyone familiar with JOC Airsoft out of Calgary. Recently the guys that run JOC and throw on games like Battlefield, Risky Sun, etc, and their affiliates have made a big switch. They're focusing on an initiative call Tactical Operations, which in itself is focused on more of strict mil-sim stylized events.

One of their first moves was a camo and gear restriction. Real world, modern tan versus green camouflages such as Woodland M82, MULTICAM, Marpat, etc. European camos that are current issue and for the catagory will be allowed as well. If you're using something such as ATacs, Kryptek, etc, in tan or green you must supply a minimum team of five to have it added to acceptable for a game. Any black, white, grey, etc, will be strictly prohibited from use.

You can get better detailed info from: www.milsim.club
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Team SWATT: Recruiting
ASC Age Verifier (Greater Vancouver)

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: The way of modern, competitive airsoft.

Post2015-03-28 / 05:29 UTC GMT +00:00

Aw, nuts, I won't be able to use my 1980's Swiss mountain camouflage, or my ASAT, or my Hyperstealth.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-28 / 07:11 UTC GMT +00:00

There was a group out in Manitoba who used to put on games like Keystone and Cold Front who wanted to have a game strictly multicam, multiterrain, etc, versus woodland, marpat, DPM. I hear many of the more serious US and European teams are going a similar way, where there's only 2-4 allowable canouflages on the field. Although I don't think it needs to be that strict for game days, a clear tan versus green is the best way to build teams. This doesn't necessarily include the rest of your gear, mostly it'll be focused on arms legs and head. So you could wear your load-out, but you'd need to pickup a set of BDUs and a hat.

I think we're a ways off from that out here though. It's just nice to see big steps being taken within Canada to further the competitive and sports edge.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Crash

Admin

Admin

Post2015-03-30 / 18:34 UTC GMT +00:00

Richochet

We had tossed the idea of restricting cam. When it was mentioned the first words out the guys mouth were "I have enough cam and cant afford to buy more". What do you see as a solution to this?

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-31 / 05:35 UTC GMT +00:00

There isn't one in that context. You throw events with strict but appropriate game restrictions, those that don't make it don't come. There's no way to cater to individuals and no reason to do that. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to attend. With the local scene in its current state, you may not get the numbers, but a lot of progressive airsoft is going this way. So throwing a game such as this right now may not work out here, but this is one very small part of modern competitive tactical sports. But to each there own.

Crash

Admin

Admin

Post2015-04-01 / 17:36 UTC GMT +00:00

Yeah I see it working for events. We have always tried to set the teams up for milsims using differing camo scemes

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-04-02 / 13:50 UTC GMT +00:00

Well, I suppose if I was gonna start to do it out this way, I'd first eliminate the use of inbetween camos like black and UCP (ACU). As long as they were clearly tan or green I wouldn't have as much issue with them. Camos like Mandrake or FG would be just fine. Maybe do what Counterfeit combat does and do sign ups in blocks of 25 to keep things even. It would at least promote everyone having at least two pairs or camo. The big one is that your arms, legs and head match. You don't necessarily have to change your gear, gloves and boots, etc, just pants, shirt and hat. But in today's airsoft world it isn't incommon for someone to own a set of multicam, DPM, woodland, AOR1, AOR2, Marpat, etc.

Drunkin soldieR

Post2015-12-19 / 00:26 UTC GMT +00:00

I was just rummaging through the site wondering if there was some kind of dress code with LMAG players.. I know it's best to match the seasons and be as invisible as possible but are there any camo patterns that are kinda the standard out there? I'm in the market for some camo and came across this... Any thoughts?
http://www.royalmilitarysurplus.com/Tac ... 550024.htm

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

Post2015-12-19 / 03:06 UTC GMT +00:00

That would defiantly work, especially if your planning on coming out to the abby field to play. Marpat, muliglam- sorry, multicam works well. The multicam tropic is amazing. Any vegetation based came works well.
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

Drunkin soldieR

Post2015-12-20 / 19:38 UTC GMT +00:00

Awesome thanks! I do plan on joining you guys where ever the games are being held. And I like the idea of a standardized camo for each team as this adds to the experience. As mentioned above some of the Non standard patterns could and probably should be fazed out. As a newer player that's in the market for some new gear it would be nice if there was some guidance in choosing the proper camo? Like Cadpat vs Marpat or green vs tan and so on.

Return to General Chat