It is currently 2024-03-29 / 11:43 UTC GMT +00:00

A friend just ask what is happening with Airsoft these days

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: A friend just ask what is happening with Airsoft these d

Post2015-03-10 / 05:29 UTC GMT +00:00

Yup, image.

How often have the Sundays been canceled? I thought those were "you post, you host" games and that we (TJ, Cookoff) were some of the people volunteering with the scenarios for people to play. I mean, even I had a whack at hosting a day.

Might be time to get TJ to post a scenario on my behalf again soon.

But the only way to shed the image to get to the field. I only saw two LMAG guys signed up for the sim and I had to do stuff at home, were there more?
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-10 / 05:43 UTC GMT +00:00

When I started LMAG was mainly using MRP, which I liked as a field, but there were exponentially more faces there from LMAG. There hasn't really been a strong LMAG presence at Panther in the last year. Rarely do I see more than four to six faces commonly, when there was like 20 - 30 on a regular basis at MRP. Usually we can count on Claymore and Bushman, I've seen Cook-off, TJ and Dice a bunch, Jericho and Jsae a few times, and Gunny and a few others like once. I myself make it about every second weekend. So I'm curious, where are the rest of us? Everyone has lives of course, but when the majority doesn't make an effort then our fate is certain. If LMAG had 20 - 30 strong then we may attract more scenario players and of not who cares. Once again, maybe not everyone at MRP was LMAG, but where did they all go? I haven't seen Crash, Drunkenteddy, etc one time, or maybe once, but not often whatsoever. If we don't stick together we're doomed.

Man, it sounds like I'm just ripping on LMAG. It's not the case, nor am I trying to call out anyone in particular. But as a group things have been a little unstable since I started. I know everyone wants to see things improve, but there's only so much that can be done with limited resources. We had some grand games at MRP and I've heard some great stories from you guys about playing at Panther before that. That was pre-tons of noob/walk ons, etc. Where did everyone go?
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Team SWATT: Recruiting
ASC Age Verifier (Greater Vancouver)

cook-off

Post2015-03-10 / 06:42 UTC GMT +00:00

jsae wrote:Yup, image.

How often have the Sundays been canceled? I thought those were "you post, you host" games and that we (TJ, Cookoff) were some of the people volunteering with the scenarios for people to play. I mean, even I had a whack at hosting a day.

Might be time to get TJ to post a scenario on my behalf again soon.

But the only way to shed the image to get to the field. I only saw two LMAG guys signed up for the sim and I had to do stuff at home, were there more?

There were around 15 LMAG members playing on Sunday. could have been a few more...200+ players all toll!
you went FULL RETARD!!

retro

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-10 / 18:03 UTC GMT +00:00

I know my sheer absence from the sport over the past 4 years probably puts this comment in a bad place, but here it is and take it as it comes. If you want structured game play with complex in-depth strategies and scenarios, gather up all the players you see "fit" for such a style game and run some Invite only games. Or do scenario based team call out games where for example Devil dogs calls out P.I.M.P and they go head to head Vs. each other with an agreed upon amount of people, time, and date.

I know this pushes the "Elitist" view further, but really run and gun isn't for everyone, and its a big part of why myself and a lot of other vets left the game.

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-10 / 19:20 UTC GMT +00:00

I would <LOVE> to get in on games like that.
Be Awesome.

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-10 / 21:36 UTC GMT +00:00

Well, actually in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, that was how many games were run, invite only. Many of the premier teams/members from JOC are even going this way more now and not less. A couple of things though, one you have to have a player pool big enough to begin with and two, there must be someway for fresh meat to get into the grinder. Without growing or replenishing numbers you'll find it hard to survive long term. The best way, at least in my opinion, is for teams, such as PIMP or whoever, is to continually and actively recruit. You'll need a solid team structure though to make it work, such as gear, colors, etc.

Seeing as how we are playing on Panther's space, they want us to be open to taking anyone whom wishes to play our style. Personally I don't have an issue with this, as long as we have the ability to enforce rules.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

cook-off

Post2015-03-11 / 05:12 UTC GMT +00:00

retro wrote:I know my sheer absence from the sport over the past 4 years probably puts this comment in a bad place, but here it is and take it as it comes. If you want structured game play with complex in-depth strategies and scenarios, gather up all the players you see "fit" for such a style game and run some Invite only games. Or do scenario based team call out games where for example Devil dogs calls out P.I.M.P and they go head to head Vs. each other with an agreed upon amount of people, time, and date.

I know this pushes the "Elitist" view further, but really run and gun isn't for everyone, and its a big part of why myself and a lot of other vets left the game.

maybe it was around the time you left but I am pretty sure we have been playing structured games for a few years, and In my opinion that's why most left!! many want the run and gun games, even more so today! we try to set up structured games but the structure for the most part has been lost in the last year, the new style is drop in like paint ball run and gun fast little 20-30 min games then go mag up again in the safe zone.

there was a group "Airsoft Anonymous" that tried to start up a more veteran group for the advanced structured games, unfortunately almost zero support!

Seems like a totally new breed of airsofters now, we do have a Mil-sim every 4-6 weeks and they are pretty good for the most part but the normal game day is run and gun with very little regard to MED/FPS/call your hits/friendly fire, I have left early many times think wow that was kinda a waist of time.

The vets that used to run games, build structures, host MIL-SIMS , provide training days and enforce rules are all but burnt out....let me rephrase... we are, all burnt out! I think what drove the wooden stake for me was when some teams with a few veteran players were heard saying that LMAG was full of too many rules, players just want to have fun!!! The elitist brand...well sour grapes if people cant follow a game plan and stick to rules, I could care less their opinion, thankfully many of them were are all gone now! and the sport will be better off with out them. and hope the remaining get tired of dressing up and move on soon so airsoft can try to get back to what it once was.
you went FULL RETARD!!

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-11 / 05:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Well, hopefully this is a passing thing and anyone with half a brain will come around to a more competitive style of play. If not, I don't mind setting up a few intelligent scrims with only a dozen guys. Eventually we will attract a more agreeable crowd.

cook-off

Post2015-03-11 / 05:59 UTC GMT +00:00

Ricochet wrote:Well, actually in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, that was how many games were run, invite only. Many of the premier teams/members from JOC are even going this way more now and not less. A couple of things though, one you have to have a player pool big enough to begin with and two, there must be someway for fresh meat to get into the grinder. Without growing or replenishing numbers you'll find it hard to survive long term. The best way, at least in my opinion, is for teams, such as PIMP or whoever, is to continually and actively recruit. You'll need a solid team structure though to make it work, such as gear, colors, etc.

Seeing as how we are playing on Panther's space, they want us to be open to taking anyone whom wishes to play our style. Personally I don't have an issue with this, as long as we have the ability to enforce rules.

This was something we had also in the past, teams I mean, there were at one time no less than 5- 6 pretty substantial size teams and maybe 3-4 more smaller ones, we all played together and everyone recruited from the pools of BCAC or OP-FOR, everyone played at PP and alternated Saturdays and Sundays, it worked well for some 12 years or so, but unfortunately politics got in the way and started to destroy it, unfortunately this "entity" for lack of better words had self serving motives and slagged BCAC/OP-FOR/LMAG, anyway a very long story in that regard to long to care to dig up, the entity is gone now and but left a wake of bullshit behind and had a big hand in changing the landscape of airsoft in the lower mainland of what we have today.

I had brought up an idea of starting a League of airsoft teams and play it much like a structured baseball or hockey league! I think it would take a lot of work by a team of dedicated people, but it might be a way to have levels of skill and way for new players to have something to build toward?
you went FULL RETARD!!

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-11 / 07:46 UTC GMT +00:00

Well Cook-off, that's not necessarily a bad idea. Honestly I think that's an idea any serious players/teams have had. I do have one concern, and it was something we felt pretty strongly about within our club. We would often break up teams and mix it up a bit. If the same groups play against each other you may end up with resentments. When you're a bunch of teams and groups it's important to maintain the larger comradary. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we need some groups to step up.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat