It is currently 2024-05-02 / 03:08 UTC GMT +00:00

Do you want to play on Saturday?

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.

Do you want to play on at least one Saturday every month?

Yes, I want to play with experienced players on at least one Saturday every month.
93%
No, I can only attend Sundays and the GVAC games are enough for me.
7%

Total votes : 14

• Author

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Re: Do you want to play on Saturday?

Post2015-03-22 / 00:40 UTC GMT +00:00

Got out today, despite the rain. Not much going on at all, maybe 12 teenagers, my buddy. & me. Saw another group that split off to do their own thing. Not a wasted trip as trigger timeis always a good time (& it was my buddy's intro to airsofting), but hoping for greater things tomorrow.
Be Awesome.

cook-off

Post2015-03-22 / 04:50 UTC GMT +00:00

too bad your buddy got that intro, should be much busier on Sunday, weather is supposed to be good also (that will help as many are fair weather players)

it is unfortunate but you will see a lot of the teams small clubs going off on their own doing their own thing, sometimes on a busy afternoon there will be 3-4 small groups all operating by themselves, but on nice days there will be many drop ins if you want to fling BBs.
you went FULL RETARD!!

cook-off

Post2015-03-22 / 05:02 UTC GMT +00:00

bushman wrote:I couldn't have said it better myself, Cook Off. I will never run games there either, for the same reasons plus the fact no one stepped up for the club last year.
I understand new players wanting to go out and shoot their shiny new guns, but the guys that have been playing for more than 2 or 3 years wanting the same shit every weekend is what I can't understand.

I think the one's that have been running games for the larger crowds the last couple years are burnt out now and, there is no one stepping up to take their place, it is just easier to drop in with kids with riot shields.

it is up to the responsible younger guys that want a structured responsible organized schedule of games to step up and create this, contact the Clans and get-er done, instead of sitting back and waiting for the older vets to keep doing it.!!

everyone is hearing the rumour mill, might be better to be proactive ahead of time and create! instead of settling for what might be just handed down? to late to tear up then.
you went FULL RETARD!!

Saxon

Member in Good Standing

Post2015-03-23 / 00:41 UTC GMT +00:00

cook-off wrote:too bad your buddy got that intro, should be much busier on Sunday, weather is supposed to be good also (that will help as many are fair weather players)

True, it was kinda lame compared to the bigger games, but he had a blast & wants to play again sometime. Maybe I'll be able to get him out for one of the milsim events! Mind you, I think he was enjoying being away from home & his triplets for a day!
Be Awesome.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-05-22 / 15:10 UTC GMT +00:00

With Stan on the site now, I am interested in trying out a Saturday. With the sample of respondents in favour sitting at 8, I think we might be able to have a good game.

Anyone willing to join me on 13 June to try for a Saturday game day? I'll post it up this weekend after I read a bit of feedback.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Recoil

Marshal

Marshal

Post2015-06-01 / 20:59 UTC GMT +00:00

Definitely a yes! If LMAG runs Saturdays, I will probably get membership. Still on the fence as there are no Saturday games.

amen

Marshal

Marshal

Post2015-06-01 / 23:01 UTC GMT +00:00

Saturday games is best for me & for some PTS players bacause $30+ halfday on Sundays is now worth it for me specialty now that price hike, membership fee & the quality of the game is not same as before ie not calling hits, riot shields, run&gun & whole 9yrds of drama.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-06-05 / 05:06 UTC GMT +00:00

We are still working with Stan to flesh out how to build a Sunday at the field on a weekend:
  1. pure skirmish (run and gun) drop in
  2. light scenario drop in
  3. experienced scenario play (LMAG old style)

Notes:
  • LMAG volunteers are unavailable to coordinate games
  • Many of the senior volunteers are disillusioned at trying to set up a way forward with Milsig Panther
  • Stan is around on Sundays so we can engage him in our games and post-game discussions
  • Stan is away from the field on Saturdays
  • Stan and Elliott are both OK with us having activities on Saturdays
  • Saturdays have lower amounts of players from other groups
  • We need to have an estimate of whether we would get enough players out to have an old-style scenario
  • Enough players is 16 or more
  • At the time of this post, we have 11 respondents asking for a game

Let's see if we have a few volunteers who can converge on one of the following days and then we'll post up a Saturday in the usual spot:
  • June 20
  • July 04
  • July 18

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
301 admins

cook-off

Post2015-06-15 / 04:24 UTC GMT +00:00

Any progress for Saturday games?

Any progress on Sunday games?

What I mean...... is LMAG running scenario games w/LMAG rules.

It has been what 10-12 weeks since the new owners took the field, has there been any progress in playing experienced games? seems like the HPA was a stumbling block for them that lasted a few weeks of testing etc.. etc? any word on that resolve?

I see a game was posted for today! was that a scenario game day hosted by LMAG, using LMAG rules on a segregated part of the field? or just show up and drop in? I see only one signed up for that!
you went FULL RETARD!!

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2015-06-18 / 03:53 UTC GMT +00:00

I am working with Stan to introduce an intermediate hybrid slot and to build a relationship with the new owner and field staff.

Last weekend I went to the field to do that and ended up without enough experienced players to play. I joined the main player pool. Cmangat worked with staff to set up a modest fighting patrol scenario which we played for a couple of hours in the early afternoon.

We are coordinating with Elliott and expect to have Pinoy running a segregated LMAG play group-- optimistically, he could start this weekend.

301 admins
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat