It is currently 2024-05-18 / 08:25 UTC GMT +00:00

WE G39 RAS on HPA

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

cook-off

WE G39 RAS on HPA

Post2014-12-29 / 23:04 UTC GMT +00:00

So just gamed my latest project for the first time yesterday.

WE G39 HPA....HIGH cap mag.

After a few hundred rounds of test firing and modifying a ran the G39, at 80 PSI on the regulator I was tossing .20s at 390fps.

out of the box even with HPA FPS was a little inconsistent and under hop and over hop was an issue.

after a new Hop rubber, complete cleaning with minimal lubing, some mods to the hop adjuster dial and shimming the barrel nut to fix a wobble, I was getting good FPS consistency and the hop effect was much better.

other mods included, reducing recoil and bolt travel with extended buffers, also stiffer recoil spring.

This mod made for less recoil and twice the speed of follow up shots as bolt travel was reduced by about 25%, also aided in FPS stability.

for the game a settled on 90 PSI using .32 BBs (with .20 shooting 430fps) I was happy with results but still room for improvement! I am going to try and reduce pressure but re valve the nozzle to make up for FPS loss and not waist so much pressure to drive the bolt back.

my other Mod was to the MAG, I attached a AEG Hi-cap Mag to the stock Gas Mag for 470 rounds of enjoyment, also after drilling and tapping the Gas mag for a HPA QD fitting I epoxied the Mag where possible leaks could happen, the Mag can still be fully functional to use with propane if I wish too.

hitting the green chair at the end of Panthers test firing range is will with in its range.

stay tuned I will report back on further Mods and testing.

The WE G39 is a beast of a gun, kicks harder than any Real steel 5.56 that I have ever shot and has a good feel to it.
you went FULL RETARD!!

Tjfast

Admin

Admin

Re: WE G39 RAS on HPA

Post2014-12-30 / 00:15 UTC GMT +00:00

that

is

awesome.

Any possibilities of a small little video? :D
Image.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

MadHat

Post2014-12-30 / 04:46 UTC GMT +00:00

AWESOME!

+1 for video

I've seen a bunch of HPA'd GBBR hi cap mods, most recently the drum mags made/modded by Alyanairsoft and I've been tempted to look into making one myself after I get my HPA rig. Sorta getting tired of buying expensive gas mags, plus would have a legit excuse to pick up a G39 and make a MG36 :D

On another note, have you ran into any issues with broken nozzles/jams running HPA with a hi cap? Think its more prevalent with those modded autowinding drum mags, not sure if manually winded high caps would run into a similar problem.

cook-off

Post2015-01-08 / 04:37 UTC GMT +00:00

video soon

more testing, I have since installed a Maple leaf hop rubber, best move so far, these rubbers are great, so I installed a couple more one in my G23 and one in my MP7,

In my G39 I noticed an increase of 30 fps, I did however use Teflon tape around the rubber and around the barrel, more to tighten everything up but I did get 30 fps more than stock rubber did. also dead straight.

since gaming it I noticed screws loosening up even after a check of them all, I pulled every screw and used Loc tite Blue, the shack and recoil of this gas gun hammers them loose pretty fast, after letting the loc tite set I was able to test fire.

also had to further shim barrel nut, this G39 was bad for barrel wobble in the hop unit and in the barrel nut as well the barrel into RAS support all was lose and in need of attention, after a couple wraps of thin wire solder around the barrel nut boss, the barrel now is rock solid, loc tite used on all screws as well.

so firing a .032 out of it now I set the Regulator to 75psi and I shoot 345-350fps equates to 450 DMR gun.

I also received a couple new Gas mags, I tested one with propane and one with Map Gas...

w/.032
Propane.....340fps
Map gas......355fps

indoors chrono @ 70deg

I found this interesting, I though Map would have been a higher fps more than 15 anyway!

also interesting that I only needed 75psi HPA to equal Propane, I always thought propane pressure was around 90ish psi! could be my regulator gauge is not accurate? but when adjusting my Polar star and Wolverine guns by the regulator, the fps fall into factory specs? so I think it is good.

something else I noticed on hop effect....with my High cap HPA converted Mag I get less hop effect on the BB than I do with GAS with given same weight BB, I don't get this one, the accuracy and consistency is there but with HPA I am a little under hopped than with GAS, like the difference between .032 vs .030.

Haven't broken anything yet!! I have a spare nozzle coming, they are only plastic so I expect troubles some time, besides that I am getting close to having it Cook-offed!

I have a adjustable valve coming RA tec, I will adjust it to put more air down the barrel and less in the blow back, that way I can dial down my regulator even more to achieve the same fps, conserving air as well as not hammering the gun, recoil is fun but there is a limit to longevity also.

with my shortening the cycle time by reducing bolt travel and making spacers for both the recoil spring and Bolt recoil buffer, the Gun cycles fast, trigger is fast, full auto is insane.

more to come, will let you know how the vale works, I might go with a Barrel also? but I have things so tight and consistent now in the barrel and hop, I don't want to open it up right now!

fired around 2500 rnds so far.
you went FULL RETARD!!

Return to General Chat