It is currently 2024-03-29 / 12:48 UTC GMT +00:00

HPA?

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

MadHat

HPA?

Post2014-12-22 / 12:54 UTC GMT +00:00

Helloooooo LMAG,

Been a while since I've frequented these forums here, but I've ran into a small question which I haven't really be able to answer.

So I'm looking into potentially picking up a HPA rig for next season (aka, when its warm and dry enough for noobs such as myself to come out from hibernation) and I was wondering if the local fields, Panther, Ambush, etc... include unlimited HPA fills with the entry fee. Wouldn't make sense for me to get a HPA setup if its pay-per-fill, I'd just stick w/ my GBBR's in that case as I've been running the same can of propane (and went through 1 can of GG, but that's for indoor testing) for the last couple of months.

Also, for the guys who do run HPA setups (I've bumped into couple of P* owners out there ever since I've started playing in the summer), are there any maintenance tips or things to look out for when buying tanks and lines? I'm thinking about getting a 13/3000 for the size benefits (that and if I get unlimited fills, I don't really need to worry about air capacity as much?) and the fact that they don't require hydro testing as they're under 2" in diameter. That said, would that be a smart move? Or should I go w/ the larger 48/3000 as the cost of the tank is approximately the same (Ninja).

Thanks again!

Madhat

Cmangat

Marshal

Marshal

Re: HPA?

Post2014-12-22 / 23:39 UTC GMT +00:00

PM cookoff. Or look in the mirror and say his name 3 times
"From Pluto to your anus, we underground famous" - ICP

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2014-12-23 / 02:52 UTC GMT +00:00

Casper also operates a high pressure air rig.

Here's some from cook-off:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1957
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1935
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

cook-off

Post2014-12-28 / 07:07 UTC GMT +00:00

yes the fields you mention offer free tank fills.

the 13/3000 tank you mention would be fine but will only give you approx. 300/350 shots, depending on your initial regulator setting, poppet timing etc. etc.

I would use a tank that small when only hooked up to my pistols but for my primary rifle I use a 48/4000, gives me upwards of 1800 rounds.

maintenance for p/stars are relatively low, basic o-ring lubing, poppet and nozzle cleaning (all can be googgled)

I also run a Wolverine, same simplicity, one less moving part, less price, less adjustability, but performs very well.

Valcan V-12 is my next project.

if you get into any of these, make sure you run a good tank/regulator and line, it will save problems down the road, also start out with a decent platform, cheap gun/hop/barrel will give you cheap results even with a $ 900 Polar star with Rig set up. most base line start up with good platform will set you back ($900-$1300) depending on your platform base gun.

I will likely put a few guns up again early in the new year, I may move one or two of my HPA guns.
you went FULL RETARD!!

MadHat

Post2014-12-28 / 19:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Thanks for the replies guys.

Awesome, free HPA fills=one less thing to worry about.

Spoke with a friend and decided to go with a 48/3000, did a bit of math and came out with similar numbers cook-off posted, which like you said is fine but since I'll most like be running it in a pack, I might as well get that extra capacity. That said, I will need a 13/3000 at some point for a side project I have in mind... are the 13/3000 tanks pretty much all the same? Would like to grab a cheap one at some point if possible when I get further along with it.

Ah, so maintenance is pretty much the same as my gbbr's, nice.

I almost went over to Badlands yesterday to grab a 48/3000 Guardian tank for ~$45 and a Killhouse line they had on sale, as that's what my friend has. But found out they're apparently Badland's in-house brand and there's not a lot of info on it, so I'm opting to just go with a Ninja tank and line.

Planning on picking up one of Ninja's Microbore lines with the PTC connector, but I think it comes with some strangely sized male fitting on the ASA... I need a 1/8 NPT male fitting so I'm thinking I should just get a Ninja Microbore with just the QD connector and pick up a Valken or Guerrilla proconnect and slap those together. Not sure if its a good idea though as I'm not too familiar with remote lines and external air setups.

As for regulators... still need to look into that.

cook-off

Post2014-12-29 / 22:41 UTC GMT +00:00

I use a Redline dual regulator and quick disconnect line $180

Gorilla Tank $75 heavy but cheap and Gorilla makes good stuff, will get into a Carbon fiber next spring ($160)

13/3000 tanks run about $50-$60

Polar star comes with a slip fit 1/8 male threaded connector and a female QD fitting that fits the Red line tank line.

Wolverine comes with just the male slip on fitting, no female QD fitting.
you went FULL RETARD!!

Return to General Chat