It is currently 2024-04-30 / 21:44 UTC GMT +00:00

New Iceback scenario!

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Noir

Marshal

Marshal

Re: New Iceback scenario!

Post2014-12-04 / 03:43 UTC GMT +00:00

Yea I was getting excited to make it to iceback this year for my first year but I'm not convinced that this game will be worth it.
I'm so operator when my battery dies I take my barrel out and use it as a blow gun.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

juicy

Post2014-12-06 / 08:04 UTC GMT +00:00

Noir wrote:It sounds like an attempt to make this not the annual "BC kicking Albertan ass" milsim like it usually is.

+1 to that.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-12-06 / 17:50 UTC GMT +00:00

on a gameplay scale of 1-10 I would give last years iceback a 6/10. It by no way means it was horrible but it certainly had room for improvement.

add to the fact that it cost sooo much money for transportation, game fee and the travel time I would give it a 4/10

unless there are some serious changes and promises that everything will be more streamline, and we actually get firefights I don't think I will be attending 2015's event.

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2014-12-06 / 18:30 UTC GMT +00:00

Perhaps one of the challenges to this game is getting both factions to commit to the underlying game story.

The Op-For operated more like a national army and the ISAF operated more like guerrillas. Which did not fully fit the story I expected to see unfold. The big milestone battles never materialized and we were left with lots of unfulfilling battles.

On huge scenarios like this the commanders need to work together behind the scenes to ensure that the players can reach those big milestone battles, rather than running their teams organically and hoping the battles will just emerge.

Perhaps using a disruptive third force would keep the main factions from becoming complacent?

But I would tend to agree, UCSGC needs to give the Op-For v ISAF theme one more try before completely abandoning it. They have already learned a lot about what they can change.

Perhaps the things they learned are why they are changing the theme, though.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Maximillian007

Post2014-12-27 / 08:46 UTC GMT +00:00

Jsae I totally agree, do I want another force on force game yes I would but this is a new concept to me and I think it would be a cool idea.

the cool thing about iceback is just the excuse to leave the lowermainland and visit and play on an awesome field. It was a foreign field to me and that was half the fun. I will admit there was a lot of half promises and silly gamestops and a lack of night fights but with those short comings they seemed to be made up in the fights and laughs with the rest of the group.

With out the large force of LMAG it probably wouldn't be the same level of enjoyment and it is a decent amount of coin to drop on an event thats pretty much trying to sprint but just learned to walk.

I guess we will see the direction of the event later on since if we are saying this stuff we can't be the only group with this opinion.

In my eyes I am rather indifferent, I just want to shoot people with bbs in the rockies
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

Previous

Return to General Chat