It is currently 2024-04-28 / 06:18 UTC GMT +00:00

the good and the bad, buy and sell

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

the good and the bad, buy and sell

Post2014-09-10 / 03:43 UTC GMT +00:00

Time to spill the beans guys, I want hear the good, the bad and the ugly. If your anything like me you spend countless hours on craigslist, airsoft Canada and various airsoft forums and facebook looking for great deals on airsoft and airsoft accessories. I am always very skeptical when purchasing anything second hand from anybody. Lets be honest people are dishonest assholes and a lot of them try to push off there crap on craigslist for the highest price they can get. But there are also times where you get some great deals. I want to hear about things you have got burned on and things that you got for a great deal on various selling sites. Please include, what you purchased, condition it was in (compared to what the seller said it was in) , what you paid for it.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Re: the good and the bad, buy and sell

Post2014-09-10 / 03:52 UTC GMT +00:00

I inquired about a WE glock 18c a while ago, seller was trying to get 90 bucks without a mag. My general argument is that there is no way to test fire it so im taking all the risk in buying it. I offered him 30 bucks that he immediately said no too. I told him that i wish him good luck on his sale and we parted ways. 20 min later i had a PM that said he will take 30 buck for it.. drove over to his house immediately to pick it up. Field stripped it in front of him and it was BRAND NEW, my guess is less than 100 rounds through it..... and the mags are compatible with my TM glock 17 so EPIC score.

Looking on craigslist someone was selling a brand new in box systema drop in gearbox for 100 bucks.... I immediately sent him a message saying ill take it. I ended up giving him 100 bucks and he delivered it to me from van to Langley. Taking it home i realized it was not Brand new in box. I opened it up and discovered that it was shot but minimal parts were 98% brand new... still wicked score....

My 3rd potential score is on the way stay tunes for Friday, if this goes as planned this is one hell of a score...... stay tuned..

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-09-10 / 04:24 UTC GMT +00:00

I don't shop airsoft on Craigslist myself. Usually I buy new, especially if it's guns or gun related. Good deals are fine, but anything gas, like a GBBP is always sketchy second hand. AEGs are another story if they are cheap, as they are easy to fix/upgrade. Airsoft Canada is my only stop for used, and occasionally ebay. I have had one non-satisfied buyer who gave me grief over a plate carrier, on ASC. I had an Interceptor OTV in UCP from Pointe Blank. Saw some action overseas, but was in great shape. I had shoulder plates for it, deltoid protectors, along with some pouches, mag, utility, etc. Sold it for around $300 or so. Buddy lost his mind when he realized that it didn't come with Kevlar inserts and ceramic plates. Got all kinds of nasty messages from him when I refused to return his money. I stated very clearly in my sales thread what was included, and on ASC no less. I pointed out that 99.9% of the plate carriers sold on ASC do not come with plates, even training or replica ones. Anyways, he was pretty pissed about it.

The only time I can remember being burned was in a trade. I traded my Tokyo Marui Sig P226 for a Tanaka USP P8. He said it had only ever been plinked, but boy was it abused. When I went to test fire it, the inner barrel shot out like a spear. Everything was worn or chipped. Eventually I sold it as a non functioning wall hanger. That was on ASC.

My advice; if it doesn't work 100% from delivery, get the deal revoked immediately of possible. And whatever you do, do not open it up to try and fix it.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Team SWATT: Recruiting
ASC Age Verifier (Greater Vancouver)

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-09-10 / 15:06 UTC GMT +00:00

if I feel comfortable with purchasing something from pictures alone I will offer the buyer a 60/40 split.

60% now, 40% once I received it and its exactly what he/she said it is.

if I good seller refuses to do this you can bet its a scam to load off some crap.

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Post2014-09-14 / 23:44 UTC GMT +00:00

Gunny that sounds like a good rule of thumb the 60/40 split. if the seller will go with that.

And aother good point from Ricochet "My advice; if it doesn't work 100% from delivery, get the deal revoked immediately of possible. And whatever you do, do not open it up to try and fix it."

I made that mistake twice you would think I would of learned the first time :roll: I like to fix stuff, but if it's broken in the first place STOP!!! :lol:
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

Return to General Chat