It is currently 2024-04-30 / 15:54 UTC GMT +00:00

ICEBACK

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

cook-off

ICEBACK

Post2014-08-25 / 17:52 UTC GMT +00:00

So tells us guys, how did the weekend go?
you went FULL RETARD!!

Pinoy

Marshal

Marshal

Re: ICEBACK

Post2014-08-26 / 05:45 UTC GMT +00:00

Fri night - just briefing, no game, no shooting. Most LMAG guys slept on the sand till around 3-4AM, lol

Our Command was stationed at FOB 3

Sat morning - 9:30AM Heli insertion, 4 guys per team? :o as soon as the chopper was cleared we went live.
LMAG was tasked to take FOB2 (neutral). At around 9:45? we have control of FOB2. Then we headed to take FOB1 which was controlled by ISAF. Just before 11:00AM, Op-For had control of FOB1. Pushed ISAF back to their main base at the corner of the map (spawn camping not allowed, lol). They tried taking FOB1 without success. The other teams was sent back to FOB3 (our base) to take a break and us LMAG stayed to defend FOB1. Firefight continued and they failed. One of the admin "air striked" us at FOB1 to give ISAF a chance to push forward. When our replacement came, we went to take a break. Again, Op-For got air striked at FOB1 and gave away FOB1 to ISAF :lol:

After taking a break, we went back and tried to take FOB1. After some firefights here and there, roughly 30+ Op-For that was at FOB2 got air striked again :shock: :o .. everyone headed back to FOB3.

We rested for a bit, reloaded, and for fun, without the CO's order, few of us (less than 10 guys) decided to tease the ISAF that were defending the FOB2. We went straight in the open by the gravel pit. Funny enough, we succeeded in taking FOB2 again hahaha. Some of their defenders ran away back to FOB1.

We held FOB2 again. At around 5:30pm we pushed at FOB1. We had a great firefight with ISAF. We were close to over run them, they called 5min ceasefire hahaha. Firefight continued then followed by a 90minutes ceasefire. Their admins said Op-For were dehydrated and soem said ISAF were low on water ?

Sat night, we demolished FOB3, burnt everything and pulled back to the warehouse. 12-7AM another ceasefire :o :roll:

7-9:30am, nothing was happening :o

Sunday morning at 9:30AM, we had to defend the Fuel depo, a communication tower, one building that contained a bomb or something, an another briefcase that was in the warehouse 2nd floor. They sent two technicals and all got wiped out before reaching the fuel depo. A second wave of two technicals came in minutes later but again, all got wiped out haha. Then we were told to leave the fuel depo and headed to the main warehouse.

At the main warehouse, ISAF pushed hard but again, FAILEDs. We had a great time shooting them over and over again for about 2hrs. At 11:45 we were allowed to get out of the warehouse so we chased them haha. Game ended at 12PM

Game organizer (Stuart) closure was, Op-For KICKED ASS!!!

Looking forward to see the drone's footage of the game.

scarecrow 1775

Post2014-08-26 / 09:14 UTC GMT +00:00

did the majority of the Alberta players stay through out the first day or did most of them leave like last time? :lol:
Some times you can go for a while on the field without seeing anyone else. A true trooper wont let that put him down. A true trooper will play with himself

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-26 / 16:39 UTC GMT +00:00

There were a fair number of Albertans still playing at the end.

Good job to the whole LMAG squad, you guys all kicked butt! We were asked to pull back so many times to give ISAF a chance, but even then we kept pushing them back. The admins even had to step in and wipe out FOB 2 to give ISAF an edge, and we took it back with only 5 guys! Who knew a rush up the middle wasn't a suicide mission. I couldn't have asked for a better squad to run with, thanks guys!
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

cook-off

Post2014-08-26 / 20:56 UTC GMT +00:00

The pictures looked great and it looked like lots of work went into the props!

So basically it was all Saturday 9:30 to 12mid night with a couple hrs. of cease fires, and then a couple hours on Sunday morning? is that what you guys were expecting? I thought you would have gone through the night!

How many players in total?

Better than last year or about the same?
you went FULL RETARD!!

Pinoy

Marshal

Marshal

Post2014-08-26 / 21:40 UTC GMT +00:00

That's not what we expected as we signed-up for 36hrs. There were 178 players at the game. 60 paid players didn't show up. Some people said this year was better than last years???

cook-off

Post2014-08-27 / 03:46 UTC GMT +00:00

sounds like the noobs got tuckered out past bed time eh? lol

sounds like you guys had a good time, lots of fire fights and run some lipos down! too bad they couldn't keep it going through the night, that puts a whole new challenge to the game, with all that open area and sand pit clearing, a hand full of 100w light bulbs 10-15ft off the ground would have cast enough light no problem. but hey not trying to pick it apart just trying to get an idea how it was.

178 players wow! how many archers did you play on?
you went FULL RETARD!!

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Post2014-08-27 / 04:26 UTC GMT +00:00

90 Opfor against 68 ISAF. 1 Opfor combat vehicle against two ISAF combat vehicles.

Also, Opfor maintained two (3-unit) Czech hedgehog barricades on the main roads out of ISAF area as well as two checkpoints (one at one of the barricades, one a bit behind the other barricade).

Opfor was more like an ISAF and ISAF was more like a guerrilla group.
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Airmax

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-28 / 00:05 UTC GMT +00:00

My AAR :!: I'll start out with the Ugly ,Bad and finish off with good.

The Ugly: According to Roz (Stuart) the numbers really screwed him up with so many people paying and not showing it up, it actually made a difference on the field with 68 VS 90 which lead to one sided battle's or lack of long fire fights which we're over in few mins. One item that became present was allot of Albertan's play CQB mostly which most went thru the crony at 300 to 330 fps , while most of us we're at 400 to 420. This made a noticeable difference on the field with ranges during a few fire fights I witness and took part in. In saying that, we shot most of them even before they could get into range with us. The Heat! man it was hot out there and water ran out fast.

The Bad: Did I mention it was hot! There was a problem with water and everyone own supplies we're running out or already exhausted by noon on the Saturday. The admins had to get water from the near by river, filter it and then supply it to the troops at FOB 3. I think this was one item that wasn't really thought of considering everyone had there own supplies in camelbacks but even they we're going dry in the heat. With no shade in the field, allot of guys got heat stroke or sick being exposed to the sun for long periods but hey that's BBwar for ya. I don't know what the hell happened, but allot of rifles we're failing on the field!?! Even before we started the game, some of players guns we're working before hand. I don't recall a time or event when I have seen so many guns fail at such a large event like this. I bet Damage and Claymore are going to busy in the next coming weeks!! :D

The Good: Well I had a good time even though the fire fights we're short, however camping wasn't too shabby for tier 2 and the heard allot of good stories from the neighbors. It was for the most part, really awesome to see the lower mainland play as one solid unit. It didn't matter if you we're a Pimp, SGB, Ranger, Marauder, Rice, Ace's8 or a DevilDog, everyone one worked together as one bad ass unit and it showed the ISAF guys a thing or two. Hats off to all of you for a outstanding job.
I like to take this time to thank (Scott) Jukebox for a really great job in Command. I know this role must of been very demanding at times and you don't' see allot of action but it can be rewarding in the end knowing you did your role by seeing the smiles on everyone's faces and the enemy eating dust in which they did in the end. S!
There was so many good memory's from this event that one sticks out the most, Seeing our flag bearer HotSauce walk toward the enemy with only the flag (no gun) and they started to back off!!! WTF lol.
That was a awesome moment of Iceback history .
So that all from me. On stand by for next year.

cheers
"That's what you said last time, Then look what happened!
*301 admins in exile*

damageMTF

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-28 / 06:20 UTC GMT +00:00

+1 to Airmax.

A game to remember. I had so much fun. One of the best part of the game for me is in FOB 1 first assault. Hotsauce and I ghost stalked them ISAF reinforcements and destroyed them. 20+ vs 2. lol
Repairs| Upgrades | Modification | Tune-up | Preventative Maintenance | Custom Works | GunPainting | Airsoft Consultation
DamageInc Six M Precision Works
Next

Return to General Chat