It is currently 2024-05-18 / 03:56 UTC GMT +00:00

ICEBACK

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Pinoy

Marshal

Marshal

Re: ICEBACK

Post2014-08-28 / 12:57 UTC GMT +00:00

best part for me was loosing 6 lbs haha

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Post2014-08-28 / 23:36 UTC GMT +00:00

The whole event was pretty good. Pinoy's play-by-play synopsis of the action was pretty spot on. Pinoy is not gonna be the type of guy to brag about himself but he was the one leading the charge of the small team to go after the FOB 2 with Hot sauce covering Pinoy right side. This small band of Brothers took back FOB 2 within an hour of it being taken away from us.
Our command basically through his hands up after looking through his binoculars, seeing his men standing on the rampart of FOB 2 again :lol:

Like Pinoy said we were forced to abandon FOB2 again (X2). Most of the guys went back as we were being relieved by tier 2 at the end of the day.

I stayed to watch the tier 2 have a go at skirmishing. Small groups of four and three went out to attack some of the gravel piles off to the far right that the FOB 2 had defensive positions away from their main stand. It was quite entertaining.
Some of our tier 2 guys got schooled but you have to learn somewhere.

Now the tier 2 guys that stud guard at thier post over looking the grave quarry, watched the small groups of their teammate get pushed back. Well it was ON again, I grabbed my gun and about 20 of them just grabbed thier riffles and marched down and across the pit(400M) Straight up right at ISAF holding onto FOB2 we DID NOT STOP, WE ROLLED RIGHT UP OVER THE TOP OF THEM AGAIN!!! :lol: We LOCKEDDOWN FOB2 Disabled there moble forward respond. If it wasn't for JSAE having coms with Command those Tier 2 guys would of kept on rolling and marched right on to FOB1 to have a go at them too :shock:
I think the Tier2 guys were starving for some action after the succsess of the Tier 1 Guys 8-)
That's just one little story that ended the Saturday just before sunset.

I wish the One's that could not make it or puller out last minute would have been there it will go down was one of the best 36 hrs. of airsoft gaming in my mind. I hope you are all there next time Brothers :P

It was an honor to play beside and with some hardcore players of all skill levels and a special thanks to Drunkenteddy for taking on the Critical Success Factor of radiocomms.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-29 / 02:53 UTC GMT +00:00

Lol thanks for the shout out, I'll definitely need a backup radio guy next time, I felt like I needed a couple breaks from all the chatter, I can't imagine how jukebox felt lol, poor guy had his hands full but he did a great job with it.
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-29 / 18:28 UTC GMT +00:00

Overall, I think it was a great sim. like everyone else already said there were good times and some not so good times.

everyone's guns fucked up, that's for sure.... not sure if that was to do with the fine dust in the air or what but it was bad. my Masada stripped its bevel gear clean off.. Sunday morning my m4 decided to call it quits and wouldn't feed..... after I gave the hop up unit a whores bath it was feeding flawlessly again.

General game play was laid out very well by other players AAR so there is no need for me to give one... one thing I would say is this..... Its not always the game play, its the players you play with that makes a good SIM. I can honestly say I would have been disappointed if I went to iceback as a lone players judged on the game play alone.. For me, it was all my LMAG BROTHERS on the field which made it such a awesome experience for me...

thanks gents for a great ass time.

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-29 / 20:18 UTC GMT +00:00

Gunny wrote:Its not always the game play, its the players you play with that makes a good SIM. I can honestly say I would have been disappointed if I went to iceback as a lone players judged on the game play alone.. For me, it was all my LMAG BROTHERS on the field which made it such a awesome experience for me...

thanks gents for a great ass time.

Well said, if it weren't for you guys I would probably be looking back on a much much less enjoyable weekend. Instead I get to remember some great times and a bit of airsoft too :P

Cmangat

Marshal

Marshal

Post2014-08-29 / 21:59 UTC GMT +00:00

DrunkenTeddy wrote:remember some great times and a bit of airsoft too :P

You forgot backdrops. How could you?
"From Pluto to your anus, we underground famous" - ICP

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-30 / 01:02 UTC GMT +00:00

Cmangat wrote:
DrunkenTeddy wrote:remember some great times and a bit of airsoft too :P

You forgot backdrops. How could you?

"And beautiful backdrops"

Happy? :)

Claymore

Admin

Admin

Post2014-08-30 / 01:06 UTC GMT +00:00

:!: :!: :!: All you Guys with cameras Post up the Pictures :!: :!: :!:
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.
BA L3 Certified Sniper.

Meatshower

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-30 / 05:33 UTC GMT +00:00

One thing I was disappointed with, I signed up for 36 hours continuous play, and dropped around $500 for NODs, and barely got to use them. The dinner and night cease fire were big bummers for me. Staff did go on to say after the game on Facebook that those were mistakes and that they shouldn't have happened. Hopefully that is rectified next year. Also, the tasks that LMAG was being handed didn't seem so "tier 1". I mean rushing and capturing bases? We do that all the time at panther and MRP. After talking to some tier 2 guys on the roof of the warehouse, they were telling me how they were tasked to blow up one of the bridges, recon the ISAF HQ, and hunt and pos. ID a high level ISAF commander. That's the kinda stuff tier 1 players should be doing. In all, I think that LMAG was really under utillized by command staff and was being tasked with something more fitted for tier2/3 players. Either way, DT did a great job leading us through those tasks. Also, I think a lot of us overpacked in some ways. I went through 1 and a half lipo batts and 1 and 1 and a half radio batteries. Next year instead of doing a recon/patrol style load out, I'm just going to run a plate carrier. But now I know for next year.

As for the good, well, we shall all see in Andres' videos coming up. BC kicked Alberta's ass. No doubt on that. Always feels good to go home with a solid win under the belt (Especially considering I was only hit twice and got at least 10 kills, but the first death of mine is suspicious because I do not believe the Albertan technicals were calling hits at the fuel depot)

My plan for next year though, maybe we should all sign up for ISAF. I mean they could really use our help. Plus, (mind you this is all dependant if 2015's ISAF force played similar to this year's force) with the way we finna operated this year, we would stand out amongst the Albertans and look like total tactical Travis Costa Gods.

I think JSAE put it best though. Op-For was more ISAF and ISAF was more guerrilla.
Oh Herro Prease.
I've been around the lower mainland twice, shot everyone once.
No Glock I can't rock
no field fee too high
no drive too far
no SIM too long
no walk to hard
learned a lot of lessons on the field.
lunch is for pussies,
I've heard pistons strip
I seen players slip
I'm a marine I'm a seal, depending on how I feel
never use low quality bb's in a high quality gun
.20's are for chronoing
.12's are for kids
no enemy too far, no gear too queer
I wear more then I have
any gun worth hauling is worth overhauling.
I participate, I operate I don't discriminate,
I'm a rooting tooting bb shooting
Lower Mainland Airsoft Operator.
Opr8r Surjunz MD
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Post2014-08-30 / 14:13 UTC GMT +00:00

One thing to note is that it'll be a different game next year. Might not be isaf vs opfor. And if the Albertans on our team (renegade russians) were on the other team it may have been more even. We definitely over-prepared in a lot of ways and underprepared in others (no sleeping bags?).
As for commands tasks for us, in Scott's defence, after we took that break out squad was scattered and never really formed back up until Sunday. And at that point they had stopped pushing isaf. If we have the same command next year it should be easy to get us on the other tasks you mentioned.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat