It is currently 2024-03-29 / 06:15 UTC GMT +00:00

Gas pistol maintenance

General discussions about anything and everything Airsoft.
  • Author

Noir

Marshal

Marshal

Gas pistol maintenance

Post2014-08-20 / 04:45 UTC GMT +00:00

Hey guys I picked up my first gas pistol and I have been wondering about the normal maintenance schedules. I have read to do a tear down after every game and leave a little gas in the mags to keep the o rings happy. Also I read that the only way that you should release the propane from a mag is to shoot bbs through it. But I noticed with my tm mk23 it takes about 5 mags to have a noticeable drop off in power. Does that mean I have to run bbs through the mags to release the gas?
I'm so operator when my battery dies I take my barrel out and use it as a blow gun.
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Re: Gas pistol maintenance

Post2014-08-20 / 23:24 UTC GMT +00:00

I'm not saying my way is 100% perfect, just works for me. I have 15+ gas mags between all my pistols and GBBR's and I have had less than a 2% failure rate since I owned them. I keep my mags filled with lubricated propane to approx 30%-40% full. I don't have the amazing gas efficiency of your mags so when I expel all my bb's I know my mag is pretty much empty on propane. ill give the mag a quick 2 second squirt before storing them for the next game.

I DO purge my magazines, I try to not do it all the time because its not good for the seals. if you fully fill your mags with propane and you are getting 4 mags of bb's maybe you should be filling them up at 50% so you have less gas to waste after a gameday. Or just store them with the current amount of gas left in them (wont hurt them)

if you are using propane, make sure you are lubricating your mags by having a oil reservoir on your filling spout. I give 1-2 drops every 4-6 magazines. I find that if I over lube my mags that the lubricant gets on the hop up rubber and your accuracy goes out the window.

Return to General Chat