It is currently 2024-05-17 / 08:23 UTC GMT +00:00

MOD: BTC Spectre MOSFET

• Author

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

MOD: BTC Spectre MOSFET

Post2014-04-16 / 22:44 UTC GMT +00:00

So I got my hands on a BTC Spectre MOSFET (http://www.btcairsoft.com/spectre_v2gb) and I decided to install it in my VFC PDW. I'm a bit of an amateur around opening gearboxes, but I have worked on a couple of my own before so I know what's what. This install was actually pretty easy. I opted to remove the anti-reversal latch while I had the gearbox apart as I was planning on using the active braking feature of the mosfet and this way I had one less part to wear down in my gearbox. The one tricky part of the installation is getting the selector plate to push down hard enough on the back of the mosfet, most stock selector plates are the same thickness and this mosfet seems to be built for the few that come with the selector plates with the metal around the one section making them thicker (example: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/SHS-Versi ... /32540.htm). For my gun the selector plate is non-standard so I had to JBweld some shims that I had cut in half onto the plate to make it thick enough to push the buttons on the back of the mosfet. I'm sure there are other ways you can do this, but this is what worked for mine. Aside from that there wasn't really any fiddling with anything else to make it work. Programming was also relatively simple, I liked it better than the programming setup I've used on other MOSFETS.

After some field tests I am thoroughly impressed with this MOSFET, my rate of fire improved slightly, my trigger pull is shorter, the motor braking works PERFECTLY on the max setting, and my favorite feature, Burst/Full mode is amazing. I have my gun set up for SAFE-SEMI-BURST/FULL. On Burst/Full it shoots 3 shots per trigger pull or you can hold it down and it shoots full auto (after a half second delay between the first 3 shots and full auto kicking in). I would definitely suggest this MOSFET to anyone looking to replace their trigger contacts, shorten their trigger pull, or just add the burst/full mode.
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

faded

Member in Good Standing

Re: BTC Spectre MOSFET

Post2014-04-17 / 00:28 UTC GMT +00:00

Sounds like something I want in my pdw. Cant complain about the stock pdw but this would make it that much better. I'm crazy impressed with the accuracy of mine and its quite below 400 now and still reaches as far as claymore's dmr :)
BA L2 Certified Sniper
"Watch your 6" here comes SGB

DrunkenTeddy

Member in Good Standing

Re: BTC Spectre MOSFET

Post2014-04-17 / 00:55 UTC GMT +00:00

It's funny actually, my pdw was so good stock but I went and did a bunch of upgrades anyways including a MOSFET that ended up having some issues. I kinda wish I left it stock but now after much tweaking and putting this MOSFET in it's working great.
VFC Noveske M4 - Echo1 Platinum M16 - G&G Top Tech RK47 - Ares Stoner LMG
TM MK23 Socom - KJW Glock 23 - KJW P226

Return to AEG