It is currently 2024-04-23 / 05:29 UTC GMT +00:00

Red Dot vs Holographic vs Magnified+Accuracy help

Tips waiting for promotion to Airsoft Info
Forum rules Marshals and Admins move posts here before writing them up into the Airsoft Info wiki
  • Author

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Re: Red Dot vs Holographic vs Magnified+Accuracy help

Post2013-08-30 / 02:42 UTC GMT +00:00

I am not a fan of putting ANY silicon oil on my hop up or down the barrel..... NO no NO no NO.

My cleaning process consists of taking the inner barrel/hop up unit out of my AEG, taking the hop up unit off the barrel.
Once I have done that I take small strips of a microfiber cloth and give the inner barrel a couple of passes with silicon oil.
After my barrel is clean I polish it with car polish. I know it sounds stupid but I have read a lot on this and I have found that it works great for accuracy. I use a variable speed drill and attached my cleaning rod on it. Did about 3-4 slow passes with car polish in the cloth and one to clean the access off. The inner barrel at this point should be CRAZY clean and SUPER SHINY.

I then take my bucking and wash it with warm water and dish soap. Once its washed I let it air dry and reinstall everything properly.

People who say you should spray silicon oil in your hop up unit are quite frankly... :? The whole point of a hop up bucking is to make solid contact with your bb which gives it a backspin. If you have anything on your bucking it will not grab the bb as well as it could and thats why your accuracy could decrease.

I might do a deep cleaning of my inner barrel once every 4-5 gamedays thats it. or if i see my accuracy is suffering.

Steel

Post2013-08-30 / 04:13 UTC GMT +00:00

Gunny wrote:I am not a fan of putting ANY silicon oil on my hop up or down the barrel..... NO no NO no NO.

My cleaning process consists of taking the inner barrel/hop up unit out of my AEG, taking the hop up unit off the barrel.
Once I have done that I take small strips of a microfiber cloth and give the inner barrel a couple of passes with silicon oil.
After my barrel is clean I polish it with car polish. I know it sounds stupid but I have read a lot on this and I have found that it works great for accuracy. I use a variable speed drill and attached my cleaning rod on it. Did about 3-4 slow passes with car polish in the cloth and one to clean the access off. The inner barrel at this point should be CRAZY clean and SUPER SHINY.

I then take my bucking and wash it with warm water and dish soap. Once its washed I let it air dry and reinstall everything properly.

People who say you should spray silicon oil in your hop up unit are quite frankly... :? The whole point of a hop up bucking is to make solid contact with your bb which gives it a backspin. If you have anything on your bucking it will not grab the bb as well as it could and thats why your accuracy could decrease.

I might do a deep cleaning of my inner barrel once every 4-5 gamedays thats it. or if i see my accuracy is suffering.
Thanks for this! The only worry i hav is that im extremely nervous about damaging my gun and after stripping screws in my last gun im very worried. The first time i tried taking the gun apart and felt like a dented a corner i stopped. Im hoping to make it out on the 7th but im under 16, am i allowed? I was there at the family game (i was adam, the one in multicam) if i do come could u help me with taking the first part out? Just the hopup and barrel. I just want someone experienced on hand when i do it this time
I wasn't the one who brought a knife to a gun fight, you're the one who brought a gun to a knife fight.

Gunny

Member in Good Standing

Post2013-08-30 / 05:04 UTC GMT +00:00

I wont be there on the 7th gameday. I will be at a baseball wrap up party. and unfortunately I do not take guns apart on the field. Too many small parts and I am not going to be held liable if I loose pieces to your AEG. if you want to drop it off at my house I can take a look at it for you, and if necessary install a new bucking and clean everything for a small fee. my first AEG was a G&G m4 so I know my way around them.
Previous

Return to Notes