jsae

Secretary

Secretary

[Wkd] Aug 21 - Art of War 2 - Clarington ON

Post2015-07-24 / 07:07 UTC GMT +00:00

Art of War II; August 21-23 - Clarington Woods - Battlesim
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=171863
http://claringtonwoods.com/
Blackthorne and Renegade are proud to invite you, the milsim player who is ready for a challenge, to an event that will not just challenge you physically, but mentally as well.

You will be a part of a team with a set of directives entering the field, but what happens over the next 24+ hours, will be the result of your actions, your decision, and your hard work.
AOW1 was sent in a couple of, unnatural, directions by myself, with a script in mind, this was a mistake on my part and I plan to remove that form of directing for AOW2. The players make the game, and Ill be honest, I have been a part of the best Airsoft games that were the result of just that, a host laying out the groundwork, and the players making the experience what it was.

Art of War I went 31 hours, 74 players entered the field, all 74 exited the field 31 hours later, each a testament to the description I just provided.

You may have noticed I have set this as 24+, PLUS hours... This event will end when its over and one team is victorious and the other team is 100% eliminated or as escaped from the field. If it takes 15 hours, 24, 30... Then it takes that long!
Expect no less than 24 though.

Here is the situation.
On August 22nd weekend. Some players may be entering the field as early as the 21st, others as late as the 23rd.
Where: Clarington Woods http://claringtonwoods.com/contact-us
The field owner has added another 50 acres to the field and we intend to make use of it! The field has excellent elevation, vehicle and personnel trails, and some infrastructure.

Each team will have their own, separate parking, camping, and staging area so you will be 100% secluded from eachother. You will not know who is on the other team, what they are wearing, or what they are doing aside from provided intel, the rest is on you to explore and execute.

The fee for this event is
VIA EMT: 65.00$ NO POST GAME DINNER, or $70.00 FULL POST GAME DINNER,
OR
VIA PAYPAL: for 67.60(4%PP Fee)NO POST GAME DINNER or 72.80(4%PP FEE) FULL POST GAME DINNER.
Direct PAYPAL Link:https://www.facebook.com/artofwarops/app_251458316228

This fee includes camping for the duration, 24+ hours of gameplay to the level you expect, full Game Control and Medical Staff on site for the duration, a post game BBQ, Patches for each team(pending sign ups), and more to come.

NO GENERAL REFUNDS. You may sell your ticket(s) to other player(s), just email their information to confirm the swap. The deadline for all ticket swaps is August 9th.

What is our idea of Battlesim?
-Battlesim is taking Airsoft game play up a notch, giving you a very realistic battle experience while keeping the caliber 6mm, and 400FPS.

-You will be required to serve in a structured organization, follow commands, live in a simulated warzone for 24+ hours without any access to your vehicle, and endure very realistic scenarios, sounds, and environment.

-If you have always wanted an airsoft experience that gives you many different elements of realism, including living in battle for an extended time, fighting for purpose and objectives, eating while potentially being shot, sleeping in a warzone, and using full creativity and elaborate planning to achieve your tasks, Battlesim is the game for you!
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: [Wkd] Aug 21 - Art of War 2 - Ontario

Post2015-07-24 / 07:12 UTC GMT +00:00

In the past few years, Government and Military control of the country has been challenged by Militia groups and Freedom fighters. These rogue units have gained confidence and their leaders have escaped many attempts at capture and still remain at large, planning their next moves.

Clarington Woods, a 60 acre, multi-level terrain, Sugar Bush near a local racetrack has the necessary local power infrastructure and cover that these organizations covet for their covert bases, within striking distance from major cities and Government defenses. Could this be the next strike point for their attacks?

The Government manpower has been spread thin, they have been relying on a local Military Facility conducting satellite and drone sweeps of the area. The facility has reported many large trucks and vehicles entering and exiting the area in the last 6 months, however with the racetrack nearby, there was not enough to warrant manpower on the ground.

This assumption by the Government bureaucrats was foolish. A militia group known as Firstline, as in the Firstline of their people, have built a covert, shielded base, only 100 KM from the largest city in the country. Using the cover of the local racetrack to bring in their supplies, this facility could hold hundreds of troops, weapons, perhaps even the most wanted personnel, all in one convenient location… or the most dangerous location.

With the Government in jeopardy of losing full control and being vulnerable to an imminent attack, Will you fight to defend it? Or will you join the venture to cripple the Government completely and allow Freedom a seat at the table. Both sides are recruiting for their cause. The Military to re-establish order and control, or the Militia, who rebel against the government and want it destroyed, for you, the people.

Choose now. On August 22nd, one side will conquer.

FACTIONS

Section 6
  • Government Military Unit. Will consist of a Command element, Recon element, Fast Attack Team, vehicle operations and Support or Overwatch element
  • ATTENDANCE CAP 70 members (excluding command element)
  • Full, Matching Camo Only

Firstline
  • Militia group dug in to the Area executing "plans". Will consist of a command element, defensive patrols, defensive positions, engineers and vehicle operations
  • ATTENDANCE CAP 85 members (excluding command element)
  • Mixed Clothing Only, Avoid Camo if you can

Cap is subject to change at anytime.

Want to know more?
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Return to Past Events