[Wkd] Aug 1 - Operation: Black-Gold @ Westerose AB

• Author

Ricochet

Member in Good Standing

[Wkd] Aug 1 - Operation: Black-Gold @ Westerose AB

Post2015-03-05 / 17:51 UTC GMT +00:00

http://www.operationblackgold.com

Aug 1st & 2nd

From the creators of Operation: Mason Relic (Al & Bob), hosted in Claybank, SK. Operation: Black Gold is their new brainchild, except it'll be by Pidgeon Lake, Alberta. Pidgeon Lake is just off of the Ma-Me-O Beach turn off, just south of Edmonton.

I have personally played on this field, and it is huge. When we played we only had access to half of the play area, which is 160 acres. The full field size for this event will be about 320 acres, which is a little larger than the entire Claybank play area, including the brick plant, back forty and rolling hills. The area in question is heavily wooded, with large areas of different brush and terrain, as well as huge cut-lines or roadways through it, with a few large open sections.
I never wear an emblem, garment or title I have not earned. I never pretend to be, claim to be nor impersonate someone or something I am not. I never diminish, disrespect nor depreciate the sacrifices of true heroes. I utilize military style gear, equipment and tactics as they are the best and most appropriate tools for the job. I am a combat sports athlete.

Team SWATT: Recruiting
ASC Age Verifier (Greater Vancouver)

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: [Wkd] Aug 1 - Operation: Black-Gold @ Claybank SK

Post2015-03-06 / 04:19 UTC GMT +00:00

For those of us who haven't been there, think Westerose AB:
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=52.933448 ... 5&t=h&z=16
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

jsae

Secretary

Secretary

Re: [Wkd] Aug 1 - Operation: Black-Gold @ Westerose AB

Post2015-03-06 / 07:03 UTC GMT +00:00

Initial map analysis indicates that the playing area is as shown in the attached map image.

The grid shown is 50 m spacing (just like the Panther maps), which suggests a field approximately 5.7x larger.

OPERATION BLACK GOLD wrote:Operation Black Gold is a full 2-day airsoft event in Alberta.
This Airsoft event is played on 320 acres of rugged terrain near Pigeon Lake, Alberta. The mixed terrain includes a few open spaces and large forrested areas, great for concealment. The entire area is 80% covered with poplar and evergreen with cutlines and trails running through it, and also has a deep ravine going through that treed area as well.

For this event Counterfeit Combat brings in Military vehicles, as well as hires a professional pyrotechnician to produce the most realistic Military experience possible without being in a real war. It is an explosive, exciting, and challenging weekend experience that we think you’ll enjoy.

From the Office of the Chairman of the Ruling Party
Brothers and Sisters, our intelligence service has made a most fortunate discovery. The United Nations Security Force which has remained in the Hinterlands to enforce the cease fire has been ordered to redeploy to North Eastern Africa to stabilize the deteriorating situation there.

This is our chance to reclaim what is rightfully ours. You are ordered to take your forces and enter the Hinterlands once the UN withdrawal is complete and seize the territories and claim them as our own. Let nothing stop you from accomplishing this most vital task. You are authorized to use whatever force you deem necessary to accomplish this task. War is your prerogative, victory your goal! You have your orders…carry them out!
Attachments
blackgold.jpg
blackgold.jpg (193.81 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Steyr AUG EOD / FN P90 - Bullpups
Linux - my OS is an Abrams tank

Greatness is only a matter of will. It is the end result of patience, determination, direction, and strength. [JMS]
UrT - ETQW (Constructor/Oppressor) - Nexiuz // VE7DET
301 admins

Return to Past Events